Search the Knowledge Base Report a bug
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view   .    ArchiCAD-Talk Forum Index >>> Working in ARCHICAD >>> AC21 - stair's structure and finishing Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic
squall_tmo

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:56 pm    Post subject: Re: AC21 - stair's structure and finishing Reply with quote

Quote:
Yes... but didn't quite get what you did Embarassed

What I understood is that you solved by using the finish stair twice, the second one used as "structural" and tread and riser parameters modified. Is this correct?

Thanks.

I think that this is a good compromise!
Probably there is not a way to do this by using just one stair...

Another solution could be to use the "Schematic Stair Option" in MVO to have a solid element operation with something like a Mesh or a Shell, because the schematic stair is based on the reference line of the stair, that is the one you look for...
alemanda
Veteran member
Veteran member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:32 am    Post subject: Re: AC21 - stair's structure and finishing Reply with quote

sinceV6 wrote:
Yes... but didn't quite get what you did Embarassed

What I understood is that you solved by using the finish stair twice, the second one used as "structural" and tread and riser parameters modified. Is this correct?

Thanks.

SinceV6,
No.
I used the stair without finishing as structural element, another stair with the finishing only as finishing element.
The sttuctural one is moved 30mm forward and 50cm down in order to be correct. Then I "play" with connection at the slab of the upper level where the structural rider is usually 50mm shorter, and with the connection at bottom where the structural riser is usually 50mm higher

This approach is generally easy and smooth for structural stair. Only in certain cases it is a bit complicated and you have to play with more parameters but I've been always capable to get the correct structural stair.

32GB RAM - SSD 256GB - Nvidia Quadro K620
Display DELL 25'' 2560x1440
www.almadw.it
alemanda
Veteran member
Veteran member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:13 am    Post subject: Re: AC21 - stair's structure and finishing Reply with quote

here's a picture of what I generally do.

Cattura6.PNG
 Description:
 Filesize:  32.71 KB
 Viewed:  22 Time(s)

Cattura6.PNG

32GB RAM - SSD 256GB - Nvidia Quadro K620
Display DELL 25'' 2560x1440
www.almadw.it
sinceV6

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:18 pm    Post subject: Re: AC21 - stair's structure and finishing Reply with quote

alemanda wrote:

I used the stair without finishing as structural element, another stair with the finishing only as finishing element.
The structural one is moved 30mm forward and 50cm down in order to be correct.

OMG. Such a simple and elegant solution! Shocked

Thanks.

Best regards.
View previous topic :: View next topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view       ArchiCAD-Talk Forum Index >>> Working in ARCHICAD >>> AC21 - stair's structure and finishing All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: