Search the Knowledge Base Report a bug
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view   .    ArchiCAD-Talk Forum Index >>> Schedules >>> Door and Window Views/Types in Schedules Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
svpribyl

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:59 am    Post subject: Door and Window Views/Types in Schedules Reply with quote

I'm "old school"...

I would like to have a door and window schedule without elevation "views" included. This is easy enough to do. Then I would like to a assign a door "type" or window "type" to each door and window, with a separate schedule showing only the Door Types.

I'll stick to doors for the sake of this discussion: A door type would be single door, double door, dutch door, louvered door, etc. Anything that looks different in elevation. Size is not relevant if that's the only parameter that is different. I don't want my door schedule to show a view of a dozen doors if they are all the same "type", such as a dozen views of a single-leaf door. I would have only a few views of types of doors in a separate Door Types schedule, with the "type" referenced from the Door Schedule.

I can't find a field for an ID that would allow this to happen. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to accomplish this?

Thanks!

ejrolon

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:28 am    Post subject: Re: Door and Window Views/Types in Schedules Reply with quote

I am old school like that. One schedule for views and one schedule for types.

You would need to use AC Properties Manager (under the Options menu) to create a "DoorType" parameter and assigned it to Doors then you can schedule based on that.

AC21US -> AC08
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website    LinkedIn Profile Link (Full URL, please)
svpribyl

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Door and Window Views/Types in Schedules Reply with quote

Hi Eduardo,
I'm attempting your solution. I created a new classification system, a new group, and a new property. There were none in my file (were there supposed to be some?). I created a DoorTypes property, but I'm not sure what you mean by "assign it to Doors". Could you elaborate?

Thanks.

ejrolon

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Door and Window Views/Types in Schedules Reply with quote

This
AC21US -> AC08
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website    LinkedIn Profile Link (Full URL, please)
ejrolon

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Door and Window Views/Types in Schedules Reply with quote

Then it should show up here.
AC21US -> AC08
svpribyl

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Door and Window Views/Types in Schedules Reply with quote

Hi Eduardo,
I think I'm getting closer. However, if I click the check box for "ArchiCAD Classification System 01" and close the "Availability" window, the Available Properties reverts back to "None"

ejrolon

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Door and Window Views/Types in Schedules Reply with quote

Re-reading.

You don't need to create a New Classification System. Check under Classification Manager that you have Archicad Classification loaded and try again?

AC21US -> AC08
svpribyl

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Door and Window Views/Types in Schedules Reply with quote

ArchiCAD Classification is not loaded. There are no classifications and no properties loaded. How do I find/load the ArchiCAD classification?
ejrolon

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Door and Window Views/Types in Schedules Reply with quote

Options Menu - Classification Manager
AC21US -> AC08
svpribyl

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Door and Window Views/Types in Schedules Reply with quote

Hi Eduardo,
I know how to open the Classification Manager. When I open it, it is blank. There are no classification systems.

View previous topic :: View next topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view       ArchiCAD-Talk Forum Index >>> Schedules >>> Door and Window Views/Types in Schedules All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: