Search the Knowledge Base Report a bug
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view   .    ArchiCAD-Talk Forum Index >>> Working in ARCHICAD >>> Wall conection to roof problem
View previous topic :: View next topic
xtrader

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 1:01 pm    Post subject: Wall conection to roof problem Reply with quote

Can someone give me some guidance on connecting a wall to roof, I have used the trim elements to roof and the blockwork does not trim

please see attached image

Any help appriciated

roof problem.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  27.7 KB
 Viewed:  19 Time(s)

roof problem.png

sinceV6

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Wall conection to roof problem Reply with quote

Hi.
Check the roof skins priorities vs walls in building materials. Roof should be higher.

Best regards.
laszlonagy
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 3:46 am    Post subject: Re: Wall conection to roof problem Reply with quote

To expand on that a little bit, you would probably want to set the Intersection Priority Number of the "Insulation" Building Material of the Roof Composite to a higher value than the Intersection Priority Number of the Building Material used by either of those 2 Wall skins that protrude into the Roof Composite.

Laszlo Nagy, Moderator, Site Admin
https://twitter.com/laszlonagy

i7-2630QM 16 GB RAM
17.3" (1920x1080), NVidia GTX 460M
SSD+HDD, Win10-64 ENG
AC13-AC21 (64-bit, latest build)
Loving ARCHICAD since 1995
xtrader

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:02 am    Post subject: Re: Wall conection to roof problem Reply with quote

Thanks all for your help.

How would I cut the plasterboard off at the block work so it doesn't carry through

Sorry to be a pain
laszlonagy
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:51 am    Post subject: Re: Wall conection to roof problem Reply with quote

In a similar fashion: make sure that the Intersection Priority Number of the "Plaster board" Building Material of the Roof Composite is set to a LOWER value than the Intersection Priority Number of the Building Material of all Wall skins you don't want it to cross (that would be all Wall skins).

Laszlo Nagy, Moderator, Site Admin
https://twitter.com/laszlonagy

i7-2630QM 16 GB RAM
17.3" (1920x1080), NVidia GTX 460M
SSD+HDD, Win10-64 ENG
AC13-AC21 (64-bit, latest build)
Loving ARCHICAD since 1995
DGSketcher

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:44 am    Post subject: Re: Wall conection to roof problem Reply with quote

xtrader wrote:
How would I cut the plasterboard off at the block work so it doesn't carry through

Depending on the stage of project development and the finished eaves detail I create two types of roof 1. The insulated section and 2. The structure outside the insulation.

Another option is to keep the single roof and "cut it back" with an eaves object e.g. a complex profile beam/wall using "solid element operations" (SEO).

AC has many ways to deal with these things according to how you want the final drawing to look and the level of detail you need to show.

View previous topic :: View next topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view       ArchiCAD-Talk Forum Index >>> Working in ARCHICAD >>> Wall conection to roof problem All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: