Search the Knowledge Base Report a bug
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view   .    ArchiCAD-Talk Forum Index >>> Presentation - Rendering and Multimedia >>> Maxwell Render Plugin 4.0.5 for ArchiCAD
View previous topic :: View next topic
kittonian

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 3:25 pm    Post subject: Maxwell Render Plugin 4.0.5 for ArchiCAD Reply with quote

I'm having two issues with the Maxwell ArchiCAD plugin and since their forums are terrible and hardly anyone participates, I thought I would post here to see if anyone else has experienced the same issues.

1. On install I was not able to copy the files to the Add Ons/Visualization folder and get it to work. Instead, I would receive an error in the Add-On Manager saying this add-on is outdated. The way I solved this was to instead leave the files in their originally installed location (Applications/Maxwell for ArchiCAD) and manually add them from within ArchiCAD. At that point everything started working just fine.

2. Upon successfully getting Maxwell to work, ArchiCAD became extremely slow, especially when using the 3D window (rotating, selecting, etc.). I lived with it for a day or two but finally removed the Maxwell Add-On, restarted ArchiCAD and everything sped right back up.

Issue 2 is causing this plugin to be pretty much unusable. I really don't care how to install the software, as long as it works. I posted about issue 1 in case anyone else experienced the same problem. It's the incredible slow down that makes this all worthless for me, so if anyone can shed some light on the issue or let me know whether or not they are experiencing the same I would appreciate it.

Btw, I am running a 12-Core 3.46ghz Mac Pro with 32GB of 1333mhz RAM, NVidia GTX 780 (6GB), and a Samsung EVO 850 SSD drive.
Maxwell Plugin for ArchiCAD 4.0.5
ArchiCAD 20 Int Build 4020
Steve Jepson

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 3:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Maxwell Render Plugin 4.0.5 for ArchiCAD Reply with quote

The plug-in is optional. You can still render your ArchiCAD scenes with Maxwell. Just save as .3ds. I have never found the plug-ins very useful because I like to manage all of the materials and lighting for a rendering in Maxwell Studio. It's only the geometry from the ArchiCAD model that is useful to me for rendering with Maxwell.

http://www.maxwellrender.com/latest-release/

http://blog.maxwellrender.com/news/maxwell-4-gpu-frequently-asked-questions/

Rafal SLEK

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 1:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Maxwell Render Plugin 4.0.5 for ArchiCAD Reply with quote

Check newest plugin for version 4.1. I've check it on MBPro and everything seems to work fine.
Right place for Maxwell Render - ARCHICAD support is Nextlimit forum:
https://forum.maxwellrender.com/viewforum.php?f=147

Connection between MR and AC is very handy and powerful, IMHO working via 3DS export is bad idea.

Steve Jepson

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Maxwell Render Plugin 4.0.5 for ArchiCAD Reply with quote

Rafal SLEK wrote:
Check newest plugin for version 4.1. I've check it on MBPro and everything seems to work fine.
Right place for Maxwell Render - ARCHICAD support is Nextlimit forum:
https://forum.maxwellrender.com/viewforum.php?f=147

Connection between MR and AC is very handy and powerful, IMHO working via 3DS export is bad idea.

Why is it a bad idea?

View previous topic :: View next topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view       ArchiCAD-Talk Forum Index >>> Presentation - Rendering and Multimedia >>> Maxwell Render Plugin 4.0.5 for ArchiCAD All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: