Search the Knowledge Base Report a bug
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view   .    ArchiCAD-Talk Forum Index >>> Developer Forum >>> [SOLVED] Can't test add-ons with AddOn Management
View previous topic :: View next topic
Cedric Tran

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:36 pm    Post subject: [SOLVED] Can't test add-ons with AddOn Management Reply with quote

Hello,
When I try to test (on addOn Management) my addon built with Visual Studio 10, it doesn't appear in the list on AddOn Management. However, when I check with another addon found on the website, it appears on the list. In this way, I can't use it on Archicad 18.
I think there is a problem with my addon; probably something I missed...
Does someone have an idea on this problem ?
Regards.
Akos Somorjai
Graphisoft

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:02 am    Post subject: Re: Can't test add-ons with AddOn Management (API DevKit 18) Reply with quote

Cedric Tran wrote:
Hello,
When I try to test (on addOn Management) my addon built with Visual Studio 10, it doesn't appear in the list on AddOn Management. However, when I check with another addon found on the website, it appears on the list. In this way, I can't use it on Archicad 18.
Regards.

That usually means that the MDID resource is not valid. Open your add-on as a resource file in Visual Studio, and see if it contains an MDID resource at all, and the values in there are not 'dummies'. You can create a valid local ID for your add-on with your developer ID and the AddOnAdmin tool in the devkit.

Sorry for the late answer,

Akos
Cedric Tran

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Can't test add-ons with AddOn Management (API DevKit 18) Reply with quote

Akos Somorjai wrote:
Cedric Tran wrote:
Hello,
Regards.

That usually means that the MDID resource is not valid. Open your add-on as a resource file in Visual Studio, and see if it contains an MDID resource at all, and the values in there are not 'dummies'. You can create a valid local ID for your add-on with your developer ID and the AddOnAdmin tool in the devkit.

Sorry for the late answer,

Akos

Thank you for your answer,
I get through this problem but I don't know what it was. I started the process again and it works. I just have failed when I put the keys.
Regards.
Akos Somorjai
Graphisoft

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Can't test add-ons with AddOn Management (API DevKit 18) Reply with quote

Cedric Tran wrote:

Thank you for your answer,
I get through this problem but I don't know what it was. I started the process again and it works. I just have failed when I put the keys.
Regards.

That usually happens when you type in the developer ID, instead of copying and pasting.

Best, Akos
View previous topic :: View next topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view       ArchiCAD-Talk Forum Index >>> Developer Forum >>> [SOLVED] Can't test add-ons with AddOn Management All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: