Search the Knowledge Base Report a bug
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view   .    ArchiCAD-Talk Forum Index >>> Working in ARCHICAD >>> AC21 can't get stairs>treads in floor plan transparent
View previous topic :: View next topic
whatwaitnow

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:58 am    Post subject: AC21 can't get stairs>treads in floor plan transparent Reply with quote

Hi Everyone,

I can't get stairs>treads in floor plan to be transparent, its a steel stringer staircase and i need the tread plates and end plates to be visual from floor plan so i can dimension them...help please!

Cain Smile
laszlonagy
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:14 pm    Post subject: Re: AC21 can't get stairs>treads in floor plan transparen Reply with quote

The opacity of Treads does not influence the visibility of Tread Plates on the Floor Plan. The Structure of the Stair, if checked to be visible, will be displayed properly regardless of the opacity of Tread. So it is not the case of Treads overlapping Tread Plates in 2D.

I am not exactly sure but I think what happens here is that Structure GDL Objects (such as "Flight Beam 21") are not scripted in a way to be able display Tread Plates in 2D, only in 3D. So the Structure is displayed in 2D only in a simplistic way, mostly the bounding box geometry of the Beam/Cantilever/Stringer is displayed.

You should create a wish for option to display details of Structures (Tread Plates etc.) in the 2D of Stairs.

Laszlo Nagy, Moderator, Site Admin
https://twitter.com/laszlonagy

i7-2630QM 16 GB RAM
17.3" (1920x1080), NVidia GTX 460M
SSD+HDD, Win10-64 ENG
AC13-AC21 (64-bit, latest build)
Loving ARCHICAD since 1995
whatwaitnow

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:30 pm    Post subject: Re: AC21 can't get stairs>treads in floor plan transparen Reply with quote

Thanks, I ended up having to lay 2d lines over the floor plan where the plates are located, not ideal, although still really happy with the new stair tool.
View previous topic :: View next topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view       ArchiCAD-Talk Forum Index >>> Working in ARCHICAD >>> AC21 can't get stairs>treads in floor plan transparent All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: