Search the Knowledge Base Report a bug
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view   .    ArchiCAD-Talk Forum Index >>> Other Problems >>> Book Setting error in ArchiCAD 21. Can not set revision Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
honamkts

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:49 am    Post subject: Book Setting error in ArchiCAD 21. Can not set revision Reply with quote

There are some File in archiCAD 21 Error with the Book Setting pallet. The Book Setting open too large. We can not set the revision.
Please help as soon as posible.
Barry Kelly

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:25 am    Post subject: Re: Book Setting error in ArchiCAD 21. Can not set revision Reply with quote

Can you drag the edges of the dialogue so it becomes smaller?
Then drag the top title bar to centre on screen and resize some more if needed.

Or double click in the top title bar to maximise it to fit the screen - then you should be able to minimise it again?

Or maybe try applying the 'Standard' Work Environment.

Barry.

honamkts

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:08 am    Post subject: Re: Book Setting error in ArchiCAD 21. Can not set revision Reply with quote

Barry Kelly wrote:
Can you drag the edges of the dialogue so it becomes smaller?
Then drag the top title bar to centre on screen and resize some more if needed.

Or double click in the top title bar to maximise it to fit the screen - then you should be able to minimise it again?

Or maybe try applying the 'Standard' Work Environment.

Barry.

No, we can not re-size, we just move the palette but no thing in the pallet.
If we click create new revision, the ArchiCAD will shout down.
This is a ArchiCAD Bug, It happens from ArchiCAD 20 and ArchiCAD 21.
Barry Kelly

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:14 am    Post subject: Re: Book Setting error in ArchiCAD 21. Can not set revision Reply with quote

Yesterday I had a laptop open the Work Environment dialogue and it was way too wide for the screen
Simply closing the dialogue window and re-opening it fixed it.
A different dialogue box I know but give it a try I guess.

Barry.

honamkts

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:42 am    Post subject: Re: Book Setting error in ArchiCAD 21. Can not set revision Reply with quote

Barry Kelly wrote:
Yesterday I had a laptop open the Work Environment dialogue and it was way too wide for the screen
Simply closing the dialogue window and re-opening it fixed it.
A different dialogue box I know but give it a try I guess.

Barry.

No, Barry.
This problem can not fix by the way!
I test many times and many ways.
honamkts

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:04 am    Post subject: Re: Book Setting error in ArchiCAD 21. Can not set revision Reply with quote

Hi MOD,

Could you ask Graphisoft for this situation ?

Thank you.
laszlonagy
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 3:36 am    Post subject: Re: Book Setting error in ArchiCAD 21. Can not set revision Reply with quote

I have also encountered the situation by Barry numerous times. I will report these issues to GRAPHISOFT.

Laszlo Nagy, Moderator, Site Admin
https://twitter.com/laszlonagy

AMD Ryzen 1700X 3.4 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 RAM
28" (2560x1440), NVidia GTX 1060 6GB
500 GB NVMe SSD, WIN10 PRO ENG
AC13-AC21
Loving ARCHICAD since 1995
dkovacs
Graphisoft

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Book Setting error in ArchiCAD 21. Can not set revision Reply with quote

Hello All,

We know about the issue Barry mentioned, but it is basically impossible to reproduce it intentionally, so we are having a hard time finding the source of the problem. Usually, it happens only once, and if you resize it, and then close and reopen, then it opens fine from that point on.

For honamkts' original issue, I can only suggest to try reinstalling ARCHICAD (maybe even delete the ARCHICAD registry folder), and if that doesn't help, contact your local support. This problem seems more severe than what this forum could solve.

Regards,

For Troubleshooting and useful Tips & Tricks visit http://helpcenter.graphisoft.com
honamkts

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Book Setting error in ArchiCAD 21. Can not set revision Reply with quote

dkovacs wrote:
Hello All,

We know about the issue Barry mentioned, but it is basically impossible to reproduce it intentionally, so we are having a hard time finding the source of the problem. Usually, it happens only once, and if you resize it, and then close and reopen, then it opens fine from that point on.

For honamkts' original issue, I can only suggest to try reinstalling ARCHICAD (maybe even delete the ARCHICAD registry folder), and if that doesn't help, contact your local support. This problem seems more severe than what this forum could solve.

Regards,

Hi Dkovacs,

The error come from the file ( not from ArchiCAD software). The error can be fixed as follows;
Save the file to other ArchiCAD verson and use the ArchiCAD 21 open the file.
However, I think Graphisopft should be know the error for fixed by the other verson.
Please note that the error appear from ArchiCAD20.

Thanks All.
benjamin_chan

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:04 am    Post subject: Re: Book Setting error in ArchiCAD 21. Can not set revision Reply with quote

Hi all

I experienced this error on a teamwork file recently, using AC21, with the book setting dialogue box being massive and nothing appearing inside.

It was fixed when I saved the teamwork file out of the server onto my desktop as a PLN, then opening it via AC and ticking the box "Open & Repair selected file".

Then the book setting dialogue box worked again, and I re-shared it back onto the BIM server.

Ben

View previous topic :: View next topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view       ArchiCAD-Talk Forum Index >>> Other Problems >>> Book Setting error in ArchiCAD 21. Can not set revision All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: