Search the Knowledge Base Report a bug
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view   .    ArchiCAD-Talk Forum Index >>> Other Problems >>> AC21 Shadow Diagram display issue b/n View Map & Layout Book
View previous topic :: View next topic
Elemental_BD

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:16 am    Post subject: AC21 Shadow Diagram display issue b/n View Map & Layout Reply with quote

HI All,

Currently having issues with the display of my Shadow Diagrams in AC21 - I use 3D documents taken from a 'top view' of the model to create a live image that can be annotated.

However, between the View Map and Layout Book the appearance changes, with the actual 3D model disappearing, and only the shadow/2D annotations visible.

The next issue is that this appearance sometimes occurs in the View Map too.

I've tried changing View Overrides etc and they work in the short term both in the View Map and Layout Book however it always reverts back.

Has anyone else experience this?

Below are three images to demonstrate the issue - first is how it should appear in View Map and the second is it not working in View Map.

Shadow_Working.JPG
 Description:
Shadow Working
 Filesize:  43.87 KB
 Viewed:  16 Time(s)

Shadow_Working.JPG

Last edited by Elemental_BD on Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Elemental_BD

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:17 am    Post subject: Re: AC21 Shadow Diagram display issue b/n View Map & Lay Reply with quote

Shadow Not Working

Shadow_Not Working.JPG
 Description:
Shadow Not Working
 Filesize:  34.48 KB
 Viewed:  14 Time(s)

Shadow_Not Working.JPG

dkovacs
Graphisoft

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:48 am    Post subject: Re: AC21 Shadow Diagram display issue b/n View Map & Lay Reply with quote

Dear Elemental_BD,

I think this might be a known issue. It looks like you ran into the bug, that if you switch between views of 3D documents the outlines might go missing. When the View looks wrong, please try doing a Rebuild & Regenerate (ctrl+alt+shift+R, or available in View>Refresh while holding the Shift key), and see if that fixes it. If it does, then you have the same problem.

Most of the time it works fine when you publish the layouts these views are placed on, please see if that's true for you as well. The bug should be fixed in a future update (unfortunately not the one coming in a few weeks).

Kind Regards,

For Troubleshooting and useful Tips & Tricks visit http://helpcenter.graphisoft.com
Elemental_BD

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:58 pm    Post subject: Re: AC21 Shadow Diagram display issue b/n View Map & Lay Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply.

The regeneration works in the view map, however I still have issues in the layout book with the shadows not appearing.

Is there a short term fix for this?
dkovacs
Graphisoft

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:20 pm    Post subject: Re: AC21 Shadow Diagram display issue b/n View Map & Lay Reply with quote

Hi,

Unfortunately, I don't know about any. If you find one, I think we would all be happy to hear about it.

What you can check, is if it is fine on PDFs after publishing those layouts (in that case it is just a "display issue" on layouts, but your published papers should be fine). Also, see if manually updating the drawing on the layout helps.

Regards,

For Troubleshooting and useful Tips & Tricks visit http://helpcenter.graphisoft.com
View previous topic :: View next topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view       ArchiCAD-Talk Forum Index >>> Other Problems >>> AC21 Shadow Diagram display issue b/n View Map & Layout Book All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: