Search the Knowledge Base Report a bug
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view   .    ArchiCAD-Talk Forum Index >>> Working in ARCHICAD >>> Building Material Intersection Priority / Strength
View previous topic :: View next topic
benjamin_chan

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:47 am    Post subject: Building Material Intersection Priority / Strength Reply with quote

Hi all
I am having a big issue with the building material.

See attached image.

I have an composite wall a Metal Sheeting BM and core of stud work.
Then I have some walls running perpendicular to it on either side.

In situation A, the Intersection Priority (IP) for the Metal Sheeting is set strongest, so in 3D it appears great. However, in 2D, it means the walls running up against it are cut off and there are gaps.

In situation B, the IP for the Metal Sheeting is set weaker, but now in 3D, the walls running up against it are bunching through, whilst in 2D it is looking normal.

How can I have the best of both worlds??

Ben

BM (Large).jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  124.46 KB
 Viewed:  36 Time(s)

BM (Large).jpg

Erwin Edel

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:53 am    Post subject: Re: Building Material Intersection Priority / Strength Reply with quote

Think the problem in situation A might be more with the 'overhead' display of the bit of wall that is up higher. Maybe try limiting the floor plan cutplane so it cuts off below that wall.

ArchiCAD 9-20 NED FULL
BIMx
Windows 10 Pro 1607 / OS X Sierra
Adobe Design Premium CS4
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website    LinkedIn Profile Link (Full URL, please)
benjamin_chan

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Building Material Intersection Priority / Strength Reply with quote

Hi Erwin
I don't think that is the issue. The wall showing with the metal cladding is a continuous wall with an empty opening to create that opening.
Right now I've got around the issue by creating a new layer "WALLS EXTERNAL" with a different intersection layer "WALLS INTERNAL" such that they don't intersect. However, I have to live with a "line" showing when they meet in plan which is not ideal

Barry Kelly

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:08 am    Post subject: Re: Building Material Intersection Priority / Strength Reply with quote

The BM for the cladding needs to be weaker but the BM for the stud frame (stronger) needs to be the same in both your external wall composite and the internal wall - whether that is a composite or a standard single skin wall.

Layers will need to have the same intersection priority number.

Barry.

wall_connection.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  27.21 KB
 Viewed:  18 Time(s)

wall_connection.jpg

View previous topic :: View next topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view       ArchiCAD-Talk Forum Index >>> Working in ARCHICAD >>> Building Material Intersection Priority / Strength All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: