Search the Knowledge Base Report a bug
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view   .    ArchiCAD-Talk Forum Index >>> Other Problems >>> Crazy shadows in OpenGL window
View previous topic :: View next topic
luisdias

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:55 pm    Post subject: Crazy shadows in OpenGL window Reply with quote

This has been a recurrent problem since shadows have become a staple in the OpenGL window, and no one has ever explained to me why this is an issue.

Whenever I open the 3D window it's a bit of rolling the dice. If I open it with a marquee or not, there's a chance that the shadows become completely chaotic. If I change the marquee (or not use it at all), the situation changes and the shadows are presented correctly.

I haven't found a logic to this at all. Sometimes it works well when I use the marquee, sometimes it [i]stops [/i] working well when I use it. Sometimes, it's how you draw the marquee. It cannot be an object, since many times it's only when I use the marquee that the problem occurs (and I'm not cutting objects in half when I do that, for instance).

I'd love to finally get some kind of feedback on this issue.

Note - the attached image shows chaotic shadows, but I just have to change the marquee a tad bit (or show the entire project in 3D) and the shadows are totally fine).

House_badshadows 20171206.jpg
 Description:
Chaotic shadows!
 Filesize:  462.56 KB
 Viewed:  26 Time(s)

House_badshadows 20171206.jpg

JBMG Arquitectos
AC21 POR • Intel Core i7 - 7700 @ 3.6GHz | 32 gb ram • Windows 10 Pro
View previous topic :: View next topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view       ArchiCAD-Talk Forum Index >>> Other Problems >>> Crazy shadows in OpenGL window All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: