The Global Archicad Community

Stay informed. Get help. Share your knowledge.

Discussions closely related to Archicad. (Example: Do we need a Linux version of Archicad?)

Moderators: Karl Ottenstein, LaszloNagy, ejrolon, Barry Kelly, Gordana Radonic, nbalogh, mnguyen, gkmethy, mtron, Csaba Kézér

mnguyen wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:26 am May I ask how did you start Archicad: by double-clicking the ARCHICAD Starter/ARCHICAD.exe or by clicking the icon on Start Menu/Desktop?

I have tried all these methods to start and I just get the blank Archicad with no file or start menu.
If I double click a file it opens fine (of course no start dialogue then).

mnguyen wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:26 am The case about AC23 is even stranger. Do you see the AC23's splash screen loading? Does it appear in Task Manager and then disappear? What do you mean by having a black screen in the end?
No there was no splash screen and nothing in Task manager.
Just re-installed 23 and it starts OK now - but still with no start dialogue though.

Barry.
Barry Kelly wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:02 am I have just updated 23 on my laptop and now it won't start at all (24 still does but without the start dialogue).
Tried to open the Task Manager to see if there was anything there.
Eventually a message popped up to say a program could not start.
Now I just have a black screen!

This could have just been a perfect storm - laptop running low on hard disc space, IT playing around with antivirus security settings, and on top of that the update not installing successfully because of these problems.

I have freed up some space and re-installed 23 and all seems good now.
Except there is no start dialogue, straight into the 23 splash screen and opens with no file open.
When I reinstalled I updated to 23 build 6001 and kept a copy of that - it starts with the start dialogue.

So has anyone else on a Windows system updated Archicad 23/24 AUS version to the latest build?
Do you still have the startup dialogue?

Barry.
So has anyone else on a Windows system updated Archicad 23/24 AUS version to the latest build?
Do you still have the startup dialogue?

My 23 AUS 7000 works fine so far, no issues. Still have the dialogue.

Ling.
Lingwisyer wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:47 am My 23 AUS 7000 works fine so far, no issues. Still have the dialogue.

It seems to be just an issue with my 2 working machines.
At exactly the same time as the updates, we got a new network anti-virus system.
It could be that or just something I have done.
Still investigating.
I am going to try a complete uninstall and re-install and if that doesn't work I will just wait and see what happens with the next update.

I did get my hands on a brand new laptop and that worked fine with the same network ant-virus.
So I am assuming it is something I have done.

Barry.