The Global Archicad Community

Stay informed. Get help. Share your knowledge.

Discussions closely related to Archicad. (Example: Do we need a Linux version of Archicad?)

Moderators: Karl Ottenstein, LaszloNagy, ejrolon, Barry Kelly, Gordana Radonic, nbalogh, mnguyen, gkmethy, mtron, Csaba Kézér

By runxel
Dendarii wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 6:28 am
Revit positives are that it is easier for beginners/less experienced users as there are far less settings (no layers etc.) so users can begin modelling with little thought to tool settings.
You mean: "It's easier to break the model for novices." :wink:

Beginners in Archicad (persons switching from Revit) are often astonished by how easy a BIM program ca be to grok.
If I show them around they always have the same look on their face, a delightful blend of joy and amazement.

What's really great in Archicad is the fact that while there are the standard tools (the wall tool will give you, well, a wall), advanced BIMmers will know how to "abuse" this system for the needs they have.
A railing can be a railing can be a wall can be a fence can be a skewed parapet wall can be a an distributed ornament.
Try that in Revit! There is only take it or leave it, and forget about correct IFC types.

But, in Revit there is also wide abusing going on: The offices I know draw things with dimension lines, since there is no other choice. :lol:

Also, the office of a good friend of mine draws everything again in Autocad. I don't even know why they have the Revit model in the first place, because not a single plan leaves the office directly out of Revit. (It's one of the biggest offices in West Germany)
I would also say AC is easier for beginners. I've trained about 90 ppl internally in AC and 70% of them had Revit background and are mostly relieved with the ease of learning Archicad.
By jl_lt
runxel wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:22 am
Also, the office of a good friend of mine draws everything again in Autocad. I don't even know why they have the Revit model in the first place, because not a single plan leaves the office directly out of Revit. (It's one of the biggest offices in West Germany)
This, blows.my.mind :o