The Global ARCHICAD Community

Stay informed. Get help. Share your knowledge.

Discussions closely related to ARCHICAD. (Example: Do we need a Linux version of ARCHICAD?)

Moderators: Barry Kelly, Karl Ottenstein, LaszloNagy, ejrolon, gkmethy, Csaba Kézér, mtron

#299884
Maybe now that Beams will have Cover Fills, true Multi-Monitor support will advance to become the most desired ARCHICAD new feature. :D :?
I, too, would definitely want to see it implemented on Windows as well.
#302063
LaszloNagy wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 10:43 am
Maybe now that Beams will have Cover Fills, true Multi-Monitor support will advance to become the most desired ARCHICAD new feature. :D :?
I, too, would definitely want to see it implemented on Windows as well.
where do we vote on that? oh, wait... we can't
#302065
uisanata wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 3:49 pm
where do we vote on that? oh, wait... we can't
Of course you can.
Make a post in the wishes section if there isn’t one there already.
Add a poll with the choices you want and vote away.

Barry.
#302077
Rex Maximilian wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2019 7:33 am
I would also have to say the "Trace" tool (added in v11 I believe) and its rich feature set is one the hall-of-fame feature enhancements of an older feature (ghost stories). It revolutionized my workflow.
Absolutely! I use Trace extensively with Worksheets populated with historical 2D drawings as I often have to 'build' existing buildings.
#302104
Barry Kelly wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 4:44 pm
uisanata wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 3:49 pm
where do we vote on that? oh, wait... we can't
Of course you can.
Make a post in the wishes section if there isn’t one there already.
Add a poll with the choices you want and vote away.

Barry.
thanks. I was asking for a Graphisoft survey, the wishlist section doesn't guarantee anyone will actually take those into account.
#302116
uisanata wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:35 pm
Barry Kelly wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 4:44 pm
uisanata wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 3:49 pm
where do we vote on that? oh, wait... we can't
Of course you can.
Make a post in the wishes section if there isn’t one there already.
Add a poll with the choices you want and vote away.

Barry.
thanks. I was asking for a Graphisoft survey, the wishlist section doesn't guarantee anyone will actually take those into account.


I thought this was more or less well known (if not openly acknowledged) and to some degree more or less the accepted reality around these here parts.

The Wishlist section to me is akin to a literal wishing well - in the sense that you have just as much chance of your wishes coming true there as you do of winning the lottery (probably less even).

I also tend to liken it to those pedestrian push-buttons at traffic lights, of which rumour has it, they don't actually work or do anything to change the traffic pattern or give you a faster red light for cars at which to cross, but only make people (i.e pedestrians) feel better by pushing them without knowing if they're actually achieving anything*. But I digress.

Fact of the matter is that if your wish is not high on the list of priorities of what Graphisoft developers have mapped out for their overall development roadmap, then it doesn't really matter how high a vote or a percentage it gets, or how many people vote for it, since they won't prioritize it any higher on their end on that basis. And they'll only get around to addressing it whenever it falls on their roadmap (if ever).

In that sense it's effectively useless to some degree (other than the aforementioned making people who post wishes feel better about the "knowledge" or really, the perception that they've been heard and their wishes taken into account - even without any actual proof of it).

The illusion was a bit more effective in the older days when more developers actually took more of an active role in discussions and actually giving some feedback but since they withdrew, who knows how many years ago, it's become a bit like talking to a brick wall (or at least it feels that way some times).

I see some of them are starting to make their presence felt here and there on the forum again but in a limited fashion. So who knows? You just might get lucky and one of them might drop into your wish section and you might even speak to them directly.

You might as well drop a penny into that well and cross your fingers tight.
And you never know; a Hungarian Leprechaun with a pot o' gold might just pop up.
(Too many mixed metaphors?)

(*I've been informed by a friend who works at the traffic department where I live that those push-buttons actually DO work contrary to popular belief that they're there just for show. Just not as responsively or as fast as people hope or expect since perception and reality are often far apart in circumstances such as those.)
#302126
Bricklyne Clarence wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 6:38 pm
(*I've been informed by a friend who works at the traffic department where I live that those push-buttons actually DO work contrary to popular belief that they're there just for show. Just not as responsively or as fast as people hope or expect since perception and reality are often far apart in circumstances such as those.)

Just like the wish list. :wink:

Barry.
#302150
Bricklyne Clarence wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 6:38 pm
uisanata wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:35 pm
Barry Kelly wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 4:44 pm


Of course you can.
Make a post in the wishes section if there isn’t one there already.
Add a poll with the choices you want and vote away.

Barry.
thanks. I was asking for a Graphisoft survey, the wishlist section doesn't guarantee anyone will actually take those into account.

You might as well drop a penny into that well and cross your fingers tight.
And you never know; a Hungarian Leprechaun with a pot o' gold might just pop up.
(Too many mixed metaphors?)
Thank you for your time to answer. I've been "crossing this street" since version 10 and sincerely I think the button is purely ornamental. They certainly do have a roadmap, but many user requested wishes remain here only.
I think this type of survey, for marketing purposes only, is useless. That's why I asked where is the real survey form GS, the one which takes our wishes and inserts them into the roadmap.

Has anyone tried bribing the Leprechauns? Just kidding, they must be incorruptible :)
#302167
Barry Kelly wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 1:49 am
Bricklyne Clarence wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 6:38 pm
(*I've been informed by a friend who works at the traffic department where I live that those push-buttons actually DO work contrary to popular belief that they're there just for show. Just not as responsively or as fast as people hope or expect since perception and reality are often far apart in circumstances such as those.)
Just like the wish list. :wink:

Barry.
I really DO want my wishes to come true,
But not convinced anyone is listening. :roll:
Attachments
Screen Shot 2019-09-27 at 3.41.31 PM.jpg