The Global ARCHICAD Community

Stay informed. Get help. Share your knowledge.

Discussions closely related to ARCHICAD. (Example: Do we need a Linux version of ARCHICAD?)

Moderators: Karl Ottenstein, LaszloNagy, ejrolon, Barry Kelly, gkmethy, Csaba Kézér, mtron

By Stress Co.
Christian Neuner wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:04 pm
some menues does not show text just empty boxes... when you click in the empty space were text should appear the single lines appear...
On a similar note: The black Menu bars while in Dark Mode persists (macOS).
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=67940&p=302244#p302244
By Ghaleb Khadra
Christian Neuner wrote:
some menues does not show text just empty boxes... when you click in the empty space were text should appear the single lines appear... I already had this problem as a beta tester and sent this error to graphisoft trough the beta-tester program... it still exists, see the image attached
Hi Christian,

I'm sorry you experienced this issue with ARCHICAD 23. I did a few tests but was unable to reproduce the same issue. For me, the text is always displaying in the Find & Select dialog.
This could be caused by something specific. If you don't mind, I would like to look into this further but I need your help with that please.

If you could answer a few questions, I'd be very thankful!

Does this happen always or only from time to time?
Does it happen on the same Project File only or it happens on any Project File?
Are there any note-worthy steps you take before this issue appears or is it completely random?

Thanks in advance, and I am looking forward to your answers.

Have a great day!
Kind regards,
Ghaleb
By Aaron Bourgoin
Ghaleb,

I see this issue in the Property/Classification Managers.It makes navigation practically impossible.
By Ghaleb Khadra
Aaron Bourgoin wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:33 pm
Ghaleb,

I see this issue in the Property/Classification Managers.It makes navigation practically impossible.
Hi Aaron,

Thank you for posting here as well. Actually, your post just lit up a light bulb in my head. Since it is also happening on various dialogues of ARCHICAD, I'm suspecting it to be a Hardware/Driver issue.

By any chance, is your Graphics Card "AMD Radeon R9 M370X"?

Looking forward to your answer.

Kind regards,
Ghaleb
By DGSketcher
I am also seeing this in an undocked Navigator window where parts of the list can be missing intermittently. If you click in the white space the text fills in correctly. It's is like part of the off screen hidden text was ignored and then when you scroll the white space appears.

I have a recently purchased iMac with a Radeon Pro 580X 8Gb graphics card.
By Ghaleb Khadra
Stress Co. wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 6:04 am
Christian Neuner wrote:
some menues does not show text just empty boxes... when you click in the empty space were text should appear the single lines appear...
On a similar note: The black Menu bars while in Dark Mode persists (macOS).
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=67940&p=302244#p302244
Thank you for posting this here.

I have some good news and bad news.
The bad news is that the issue described over there is not related to the one here.
However, the good news is that the issue mentioned over there has already been identified and addressed by the development team. We expect the fix to be released with the upcoming Update, if all QA and QC tests pass!

Thank you nonetheless for constantly keeping us in the loop and posting it here! :)

Kind regards,
Ghaleb
By DGSketcher
Not sure if this is related to the issue here, but if my screen goes into animated screen saver mode, when I return to AC the main window does a lot of flashing and it is luck of the draw if the drawing returns or just white space. As previously if I click in the white space the drawing reappears.