The Global ARCHICAD Community

Stay informed. Get help. Share your knowledge.

Discussions closely related to ARCHICAD. (Example: Do we need a Linux version of ARCHICAD?)

Moderators: Barry Kelly, Karl Ottenstein, LaszloNagy, ejrolon, gkmethy, Csaba Kézér, mtron

By rob2218
EDDY RACHMAT wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:40 am
Hi all,

Is there anyone here who might be close to information or maybe from Graphisoft, Ghaleb can tell us exactly the first hotfix for AC23 can be available?
How much longer do I have to wait for this?
thank you
if you find someone "close" to the source...they'll never tell you anyway. GS is very hush-hush about all releases...including hotfixes. You'll know when it comes out when you have it in your computer.
By LaszloNagy
Nick Cornia from GS NA posted some info about AC23 Update 1 in another thread:

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=68922#p306251
Update #1 for ARCHICAD 23 is slated for release in the next 1-3 months. Sorry we cannot be more precise than that on an ETA. These updates must go through a rigorous process of development and quality assurance and possibly some revisions before we release them so it is not possible to pinpoint a date right now. Hopefully it will be sooner than later. Sorry for the inconvenience.

My speculation: He refers to it as Update 1 and I seem to remember that a while ago GRAPHISOFT changed/clarified how these are called, a Hotfix is usually just bug fixes, but an Update might include some new functionality in ARCHICAD. But we will see, I am just speculating.
By DGSketcher
Just to add to the speculation: CEO Huw Roberts was appointed about a year ago. He has possibly been reviewing the way the business is run over the last year and is now driving it in a direction that will significantly reduce the bugs and address long standing fix requests. Here's hoping... :)

https://www.graphisoft.com/info/about_g ... tive-team/
By Braza
DGSketcher wrote:Just to add to the speculation: CEO Huw Roberts was appointed about a year ago. He has possibly been reviewing the way the business is run over the last year and is now driving it in a direction that will significantly reduce the bugs and address long standing fix requests. Here's hoping... :)

Remembering Terry Jones: "Always look to the bright side of life..." :wink: :cry:
By Braza
DGSketcher wrote:Just to add to the speculation: CEO Huw Roberts was appointed about a year ago. He has possibly been reviewing the way the business is run over the last year and is now driving it in a direction that will significantly reduce the bugs and address long standing fix requests. Here's hoping... :)

And here is the State of the Union Address.

By Takis
Middle snap in columns is an essential snap and it should be active regardless of the position of the core reference point. Middle column snaps do not fill the area with unnecessary snaps, they are very important.
As for the reference point it shouldn't affect the column primary position if changed.

Macpro 2013
Windows 10x64 on Bootcamp

Thanks.
Takis
By DGSketcher
@Takis: You may be better posting this with two polls in the wishes section as I don't think your concerns would be considered to have broken AC23. If there is enough support as wishes they may have more chance of being considered by GS.