The Global Archicad Community

Stay informed. Get help. Share your knowledge.

Sections/Elevation/3D Document/Worksheets/Details etc., Annotations, Texts, Labeling, Autotext/Project Info, Layouting, Renovation Filters, Graphic Overrides, Revisions/Issues, Printing/Plotting, PDF, Mark-Up, etc.

Moderators: Karl Ottenstein, LaszloNagy, ejrolon, Barry Kelly, gkmethy

I understand that you can use the renovation filters like a system to switch between several options for a project. Does anyone give any clue?
You can create your own renovation filters.
For example - Design 1, Design2, Design 3, etc.

The you can set your element to only show for a particular renovation filter.
This can include annotation as well as the 3D elements.

Then by switching the renovation filter, you will effectively be switching your designs.

It can get a little tricky, as when a particular filter is not active, you will not see any elements in it and you can't turn them all on at once to see what you have.

I also have used Graphic Overrides to highlight what is in a particular filter so you can easily see what belongs to the filter.

Barry.
darwinland wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:02 am
The question is,

How can I set up the elements to be shown only in a relevant renovation filter.

In the properties setting of the element.

reno_filter_show_on.jpg

You must place the element first and then change the reno filter in the element settings or set the reno filter dialogue so all elements will be placed in the correct filter straight away.

reno_filter_show_on_2.jpg

Barry.
Thank you, I was scared to death about this feature, but it is very useful and easy to use. It doesn't convert your drawing in a mess or drive you mad, like layers.
And remember that you can also select multiple elements and activate the "Edit Selection Set" Dialog (CTRL+SHIFT+T / CMD+OPT+T by default) and modify the "Show On Renovation Filter" field for all of them in a single step.

Barry Kelly wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:49 am
darwinland wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:02 am
The question is,

How can I set up the elements to be shown only in a relevant renovation filter.

In the properties setting of the element.

reno_filter_show_on.jpg

You must place the element first and then change the reno filter in the element settings or set the reno filter dialogue so all elements will be placed in the correct filter straight away.

reno_filter_show_on_2.jpg

Barry.
I use renovation filter for a purpose of design alternatives very often. One thing I am missing is ability to turn the renovation filters on and off independently from each other. I often have multiple design alternatives in different places of my project and I would like to combine them on a layout.

Something similar to Named Layer Combinations but for renovation filters would be perfect and I guess not that difficult to implement.