The Global ARCHICAD Community

Stay informed. Get help. Share your knowledge.

Sections/Elevation/3D Document/Worksheets/Details etc., Annotations, Texts, Labeling, Autotext/Project Info, Layouting, Renovation Filters, Graphic Overrides, Revisions/Issues, Printing/Plotting, PDF, Mark-Up, etc.

Moderators: Karl Ottenstein, LaszloNagy, ejrolon, Barry Kelly, gkmethy

By Steven Dumont
We're creating a fresh template for AC 23 (having migrated the last few releases). Forgot how much work it is!

While creating a favorite for Drawing titles, it seems the settings have lost a few options. I can't find where you set a different text size for the title and the scale, for instance. The scale text overwhelms the title, and we usually set it much smaller.

Also, you used to be able to type the circle diameter in the settings box. Now you need to click on the actual circle and set it there, no settings in the info box. Is this correct or am I missing something?

Thanks
Screen Shot 2019-11-11 at 2.50.37 PM.png
By Steven Dumont
Also, setting the title line length to "title texts" creates a teeny line that stops at the beginning of the text. I would assume it should go to the end of the text? Is this correct?
Attachments
Screen Shot 2019-11-11 at 2.53.58 PM.png
By Lingwisyer
Circle Size: Drawing Title => Title And Frame...
Scale Text Size Drawing Title => Override Text Style... => Drawing Scale => Override Style

My Positioning tab seems a bit different... The Linked Width option toggles between the title being the width of the drawing box or a user defined width with the text right aligned with the end. Difference due to version?

Ling.
Last edited by Lingwisyer on Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Barry Kelly
Steven Dumont wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:53 pm
We're creating a fresh template for AC 23 (having migrated the last few releases). Forgot how much work it is!
Why not migrate your old template?
I have used the same template for nearly 20 years (with modifications of course) and have never had trouble using my old template and re-saving in the newer version.

Barry.
By Steven Dumont
Lingwisyer wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:20 am
Circle Size: Drawing Title => Title And Frame...
Scale Text Size Drawing Title => Override Text Style... => Drawing Scale => Override Style

My Positioning tab seems a bit different... The Linked Width option toggles between the title being the width of the drawing box or a user defined width with the text right aligned with the end. Difference due to version?

Ling.
Thanks Ling. Not as easy to find and edit as before. Also, The font size used to be in mm before, and now it's a point size I believe, so typing in the same values doesn't work. One more thing to figure out.
By Steven Dumont
Barry Kelly wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:29 am
Why not migrate your old template?
I have used the same template for nearly 20 years (with modifications of course) and have never had trouble using my old template and re-saving in the newer version.

Barry.
Hi Barry. I've always understood and been told (by GS) that it's a good idea to start with a clean slate once in a while. I've done it twice in 13 years. There are legacy files and junk that gets moved when you migrate, and it's good to clean that out every so often. I think the last time we started fresh was when building materials came out.

I do import my layers, layer combo's, pen sets, etc, so it's not a complete redo of everything. But for this latest release, for example, there are a ton of new and improved surfaces, so bringing in my old surfaces and not using the new ones would be a mistake.

Happy to hear other thoughts on this as I'm not an expert.

https://blog.graphisoftus.com/tips-and- ... n-and-more
By Lingwisyer
Steven Dumont wrote:Also, The font size used to be in mm before, and now it's a point size I believe, so typing in the same values doesn't work.

Might be a default setting for the US template, as mine is all in mm. Though working in imperial but having text sizing in metric sounds odd...

Ling.
By David Maudlin
Steven Dumont wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:05 pm
Not as easy to find and edit as before. Also, The font size used to be in mm before, and now it's a point size I believe, so typing in the same values doesn't work. One more thing to figure out.
Check Working Units... > Layout Unit. Choosing an imperial unit will show point size, metric will show mm.

David
By Steven Dumont
David Maudlin wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 2:15 pm
Steven Dumont wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:05 pm
Not as easy to find and edit as before. Also, The font size used to be in mm before, and now it's a point size I believe, so typing in the same values doesn't work. One more thing to figure out.
Check Working Units... > Layout Unit. Choosing an imperial unit will show point size, metric will show mm.

David

Here's my menu... It's all imperial, feet and fractional inches, and the titles are still in mm font. Nothing in my current setup is set to metric or mm. in the past, you could at least select pt size or mm. Now its straight up mm.

Ideas?

Screen Shot 2019-11-13 at 9.34.52 AM.png