The Global ARCHICAD Community

Stay informed. Get help. Share your knowledge.

Sections/Elevation/3D Document/Worksheets/Details etc., Annotations, Texts, Labeling, Autotext/Project Info, Layouting, Renovation Filters, Graphic Overrides, Revisions/Issues, Printing/Plotting, PDF, Mark-Up, etc.

Moderators: Karl Ottenstein, LaszloNagy, ejrolon, Barry Kelly, gkmethy

I think you only have 2 options.
One is to model each stone individually - not impossible but not very practical.
Or create a complex profile as you have done, so it look reasonable in section.
Apply a surface material that has a stone hatch associated so it looks good in elevation.
That surface material could also be set up with bump map and displacement so it looks a bit lumpy in renderings as well if that is important.

Barry.
thanks Barry.
I thought that was the case.
it seems there is no way to create an irregular type stone profile like that.
I suppose that if I tried to just do that jagged shaped profile....it may end up looking strange cause you'll see horizontal lines running across the base too evenly huh?

hum...I may just do a slanted wall, add some texture map to it with some vectoral hatch pattern of similar round stones and call it a day.
Seems that's my only recourse.
rob2218 wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:30 am
I suppose that if I tried to just do that jagged shaped profile....it may end up looking strange cause you'll see horizontal lines running across the base too evenly huh?

Not if you use a spline to create the profile.
Curves won't show any horizontal lines (unless you see the top or bottom of the curve).

Barry.
I could use a spline but any curved line when put into a profile causes havoc at corners if they aren't exactly meeting up just right. Strange Archicad resolution issues occur.
Besides, a curved line will take longer to process too and it's not that important to have.
Also, I could use that "sketchy" linetype as the profile linetype and just use a flat, canted sloping wedge of a profile. Maybe that's the way to go.

Trick the section into looking like a wiggly line, yet have the 3d model just have a flat canted wedge profile as the stone base and have texture on it.....
rob2218 wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:55 pm
Also, I could use that "sketchy" linetype as the profile linetype and just use a flat, canted sloping wedge of a profile. Maybe that's the way to go.

Trick the section into looking like a wiggly line, yet have the 3d model just have a flat canted wedge profile as the stone base and have texture on it.....
That's excactly what I meant :)