The Global ARCHICAD Community

Stay informed. Get help. Share your knowledge.

Sections/Elevation/3D Document/Worksheets/Details etc., Annotations, Texts, Labeling, Autotext/Project Info, Layouting, Renovation Filters, Graphic Overrides, Revisions/Issues, Printing/Plotting, PDF, Mark-Up, etc.

Moderators: Karl Ottenstein, LaszloNagy, ejrolon, Barry Kelly, gkmethy

It would be great to highlight labels that are associative/ independent and similarly dimensions that are static or have become disconnected.
This wish is connected somewhat to our detailing of mods, patches, annotation overlays where it's helpful to quickly audit a view to see what's accurate.
What I'm really looking for is what labels read element ID, and what dimensions are misplaced/ custom or broken.
ejrolon wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:58 pm
That can be done now for non-assoc Labels and Dims, the setting is "Annotation State"
Yeah thats nice, but what I would like to have is a criteria to select all dims that have a custom text! This is not available at the moment – causing some pain! :?
Let me just post a screenshot of the solution to the first question.
So, it is possible to create a Graphic Override Rule, which would take of Dimension and Level Dimension type elements, the "Annotation State" of which is "Static". This means those Level Dimension elements the "Static Level" toggle of which is ON. It also means those Dimension elements the "Static Dimension" toggle if which is ON, and even those Dimension elements where you have selected one or more Dimension Points of a Dimension Chain and toggled the "Static Dimension" toggle ON only for those Dimension Points. So if at least one Dimension Point of a Dimension element is "Static", the criteria will be met.

The Override Rule in this example overrides the Pen of the whole Dimension to Red. The reason it overrides the whole Dimension element is because Graphic Overrides can only override whole elements, they cannot override only parts or individual Components of an element.

AnnotationState-Graphic Override.png

About the second wish: that would be great as well.
We would need another Criteria in the Graphic Override Criteria Panel. It should be called "Dimension Text" or similar, and its two possible states should be "Measured Value" or "Custom Text".
Hi All,

I hope you are doing well in these trying times!

Thank you very much for sharing your wish!

I am happy to say we took notice of this wish and I have added it into our WishList database (please refer to it as Wish #12714). Hopefully, our Product Management team will adopt this one in the future.

Thank you all once more, and I wish you a great day!

Best regards,
Minh
runxel wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 2:40 am
Yeah thats nice, but what I would like to have is a criteria to select all dims that have a custom text! This is not available at the moment – causing some pain! :?
Workaround.
As a rule. When I change a dimension from "measured" to "custom",
I also change the text pen to one which is Red in my View pen set
and black in Layout pen set.
I can always see which dimensions are custom.
DWilson wrote:
Wed May 06, 2020 10:07 pm
Sounds a lot more friendly than banning custom or static dimensions with the threat of cutting people's fingers off. :D
Actually no.
Finger cutting is a lot less stressful.
:D