The Global Archicad Community

Stay informed. Get help. Share your knowledge.

Sections/Elevation/3D Document/Worksheets/Details etc., Annotations, Texts, Labeling, Autotext/Project Info, Layouting, Renovation Filters, Graphic Overrides, Revisions/Issues, Printing/Plotting, PDF, Mark-Up, etc.

Moderators: ejrolon, Barry Kelly, Karl Ottenstein, LaszloNagy, gkmethy

By Ace
When I open an archicad job from my home computer the font shows up larger and outside of the text box frame. I was told it could be I was missing font Arial Unicode MS Regular. I have since install that front but hasn't fixed the problem. Any ideas on how to fix?
Attachments
Printscreen.png
By Christophe Fortineau
Hello Ace,

Are you sure it is the right font ?
Did you try to change this font by another one ?
Did you restart Archicad ?
Are you working on a windows device after a macOS device ?
By Barry Kelly
If you are on a Windows PC, check your operating system display settings.
See if you have scaled the text size.
If so set it back to 100% (you may need to restart Archicad - possibly the machine).

Barry.
Attachments
display_scale_4.jpg
By Ace
Thanks runexl,

That could be it. I can't find it in the arial narrow in my font's folder. I'll try downloading and see how I go.
By Barry Kelly
It is as Runxel mentioned.
You do not have the "Arial Narrow" font installed on your machine - that is why the font name appears in square brackets.
It has nothing to do with "Arial Unicode MS Regular".

It will be substituting Arial for it which is a wider font than the space allowed.

Barry.
By drexdis
Hello, i am having the same problem. This happend out of the blue, worked ok until today. Now the font is in square brackets but when i search it in the windows fonts my font used is there as available and installed.
So what could have happened?
By LaszloNagy
drexdis wrote:
Sat Nov 07, 2020 11:15 am
Hello, I am having the same problem. This happened out of the blue, worked ok until today. Now the font is in square brackets but when I search it in the windows fonts my font used is there as available and installed.
So what could have happened?

1. Try to restart Archicad.
2. If that does not help, try to restart your operating system.
3. If that does not help, try to install the font in the operating system, restart, reinstall the font, and see if that helps.