The Global ARCHICAD Community

Stay informed. Get help. Share your knowledge.

Sections/Elevation/3D Document/Worksheets/Details etc., Annotations, Texts, Labeling, Autotext/Project Info, Layouting, Renovation Filters, Graphic Overrides, Revisions/Issues, Printing/Plotting, PDF, Mark-Up, etc.

Moderators: Karl Ottenstein, LaszloNagy, ejrolon, Barry Kelly, gkmethy

By Titiriga
Hello, I have a problem.
When I have 2 walls that intersect at a shallow angle, the intersection becomes the continuation of one of the walls instead of the bisector of the angle between them. All the walls use the same building material.
To illustrate the problem, I've presented a situation where a shallow angle between two equal thickness walls affects a adjacent wall that has a smaller thickness.
The problem only becomes visible in 3D, in 2D it looks fine (if you select the walls one by one the problem becomes visible in 2D as well, but otherwise it looks OK)
Thank you.
Attachments
A.JPG
By LaszloNagy
What happens if you set the Intersection Priority of the right thick Wall to a higher value, so that it is higher than that of the right thick Wall?
I guess that that right now the two Walls have the same Building Material, so it is random that the left Wall's body cuts the right Wall's body (or maybe the Wall drawn earlier will cut the Wall drawn later, possibly). But if you set the Intersection Priority of the right Wall higher, IT should cut the left Wall. At least this is how it works in my ARCHICAD 23 copy when I tried it.