The Global Archicad Community

Stay informed. Get help. Share your knowledge.

Sections/Elevation/3D Document/Worksheets/Details etc., Annotations, Texts, Labeling, Autotext/Project Info, Layouting, Renovation Filters, Graphic Overrides, Revisions/Issues, Printing/Plotting, PDF, Mark-Up, etc.

Moderators: Karl Ottenstein, LaszloNagy, ejrolon, Barry Kelly, Gordana Radonic, nbalogh, mnguyen, gkmethy

I have an elevation where I cannot click and select any item, I have to draw an element around it, poly or whatever is selected in the selector tool. The other elevations allow selections fine. All the settings seem to be the same in either view.
Archicad24 on mac
That is what I ended up doing, and it worked; but I really wanted to figure out what was wrong with that specific elevation. I'm trying to learn Archicad pretty well on my own and these little issues are so frustrating. I would like to know the ins and outs of the settings better so that I can trouble shoot issues like this in the future.
It is a very good attitude to have to want to be able to understand everything and why things happen the way they do in Archicad. I myself have a similar attitude.

However, sometimes the reason is just a glitch in Archicad, or it may be caused by other things, e.g. a display driver error. And sometimes it does happen that some data within Archicad gets corrupted. I would say that in this case, it was probably not caused by some setting in Archicad which you could have discovered and modified. This happens sometimes, and if it can be easily remedied by simply recreating the Elevation, then there is probably no more reason to worry about it.