The Global Archicad Community

Stay informed. Get help. Share your knowledge.

Sections/Elevation/3D Document/Worksheets/Details etc., Annotations, Texts, Labeling, Autotext/Project Info, Layouting, Renovation Filters, Graphic Overrides, Revisions/Issues, Printing/Plotting, PDF, Mark-Up, etc.

Moderators: Karl Ottenstein, LaszloNagy, ejrolon, Barry Kelly, Gordana Radonic, nbalogh, mnguyen, gkmethy

By Tatiana Ivanova
Hi!

I want this teacup object to have black pens in the elevation view. I tried to change every one of these pens and it didn't work. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!
Attachments
teacup.JPG
teacup.JPG (52.14 KiB) Viewed 262 times
pens.JPG
pens.JPG (91.64 KiB) Viewed 262 times
By LaszloNagy
Try the "Symbol Line Pen" field in the Floor Plan and Section panel. Also, check the "Override Object's Pens" checkbox above it.
By runxel
Probably the section/elevation has a "distant view area" where all lines are overriden to be a light grey.
By Tatiana Ivanova
Hi runxel,

I was thinking the same but the teacup is between the first and the second elevation line, not in the distant area
By Barry Kelly
Tatiana Ivanova wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 3:30 pm Hi runxel,

I was thinking the same but the teacup is between the first and the second elevation line, not in the distant area

It looks to me as if the entire section/elevation is greyed - not just the tea cup.

Check the pen set that is active.
Check the elevation/section settings to see what the uncut pens are set to.
Are any Graphic Override or Renovation Filters active?

Barry.
By Erwin Edel
Looks like a pen override from 'marked distant area' for your section / elevation.
By Tatiana Ivanova
Hey guys,

I tried everything you said and it didn't work out :(
These are the elevation and object settings.

As you see, everything is proper, the facade is shown with black lines, and the stuff inside is greyed out. But weirdly things glued on the window from the outside are also grey.

Cheers!
Attachments
object settings.JPG
object settings.JPG (89 KiB) Viewed 117 times
elevation settings.JPG
elevation settings.JPG (102.09 KiB) Viewed 117 times
By Erwin Edel
It shows it right there in 2nd screenshot as I pointed out above: you have a marked distant area where you override contour pens with pen 92 (grey pen). The grey table etc in your section fall behind the marked distant area. Either move the mark or turn off the option in section settings.