The Global Archicad Community

Stay informed. Get help. Share your knowledge.

Import/Export to other CAD/BIM formats (DWG/DXF, IFC, SketchUp, 3DS etc.), spreadsheets, databases etc.

Moderators: ejrolon, Barry Kelly, Karl Ottenstein, LaszloNagy, Gordana Radonic, nbalogh, gkmethy, mnguyen

Have exported a finish schedule that includes areas & perimeter to an Owner. .XLSX file. They intend to complete the schedule using Excel. Is there any way to import that Excel file back into AC and still keep the areas and perimeter dimensions linked to the imported spread sheet?
Thanks TK.
My problem is that room areas and perimeters might change so while the PDF method is easy....it's really not accurate in the long term. Have followed the export via classifications method, but have set up properties so that I can select any item as long as it's included in the checklist for that classification property. The Owner adds something in the exported file that's not one of the property values and I can't import it. Seems like no easy way to do this.

TK.
Tom Krowka wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:57 pm My problem is that room areas and perimeters might change so while the PDF method is easy....it's really not accurate in the long term. Have followed the export via classifications method, but have set up properties so that I can select any item as long as it's included in the checklist for that classification property. The Owner adds something in the exported file that's not one of the property values and I can't import it. Seems like no easy way to do this.

TK.
Trick is to create Properties for the owner to fill in then you'll get the info back.