The Global Archicad Community

Stay informed. Get help. Share your knowledge.

Import/Export to other CAD/BIM formats (DWG/DXF, IFC, SketchUp, 3DS etc.), spreadsheets, databases etc.

Moderators: Karl Ottenstein, LaszloNagy, ejrolon, Barry Kelly, Gordana Radonic, nbalogh, mnguyen, gkmethy

User avatar
By Nathan D.
#320238
Hello,
I currently have six files located in my XREF manager that I am unable to detach. I select all six files, click "detach", and then click "remove XREF's attributes" in the following dialogue box. Everything appears correct in the log, but after I click "ok", none of the files are detached (please see attached image). Am I doing something wrong, or am I missing some steps? Thanks for your help. :D
XREF MANAGER.png
XREF MANAGER.png (65.94 KiB) Viewed 326 times
User avatar
By mnguyen
#320517
Hi Nathan,

Thank you very much for your report and I am very sorry about the experience!

This is the first time I saw such a report! May I ask which Archicad version you are using? Please make sure to have everything up-to-date.

I would like to know whether there is anything special with the file? Can it be reproduced with another file, using the same DWG as Xref?

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Best regards,
Minh
User avatar
By Nathan D.
#320544
mnguyen wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 3:39 pm Hi Nathan,

Thank you very much for your report and I am very sorry about the experience!

This is the first time I saw such a report! May I ask which Archicad version you are using? Please make sure to have everything up-to-date.

I would like to know whether there is anything special with the file? Can it be reproduced with another file, using the same DWG as Xref?

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Best regards,
Minh
Hello Minh,
Thanks for being willing to help. I am using ArchiCAD version 23. I double-checked, and ArchiCAD is indeed up to date. I also made a copy of this file and converted it to an ArchiCAD 24 file. However, the problem remained.

These are X-REFS that I attached to one of my very first projects in ArchiCAD. Being inexperienced at the time, I later went on to use this project to create my standard .TPL file without detaching the X-REFS. Therefore, all of my current projects that were created with this .TPL file contain these X-REFS in their external drawing manager. Do you think this is perhaps my problem? Maybe when I created my .TPL file while X-REFS were attached to it, I somehow "locked" them to the file? Thanks again for your help.
User avatar
By mnguyen
#320721
Dear Nathan,

First of all, Happy New Year! May it bless you with health, wealth, and happiness!

Thank you very much for the information and I am very sorry for the late reply due to the holiday season.

I tried to replicate the issue on my end using Archicad 24, but it works correctly in my case. May I ask for the TPL file from your side for further testing? Please let me know if you need a secure place to upload the file also.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Best regards,
Minh
User avatar
By Nathan D.
#320731
mnguyen wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 1:00 pm Dear Nathan,

First of all, Happy New Year! May it bless you with health, wealth, and happiness!

Thank you very much for the information and I am very sorry for the late reply due to the holiday season.

I tried to replicate the issue on my end using Archicad 24, but it works correctly in my case. May I ask for the TPL file from your side for further testing? Please let me know if you need a secure place to upload the file also.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Best regards,
Minh
Happy New Year to you as well! I actually just got back into the office today, so your timing is perfect. Yes, it would be great if I could send the file your way so you could inspect it. If I could upload it to you using your secure method, that would be awesome. How should I go about that?
User avatar
By mnguyen
#320751
Hi Nathan,

Thank you very much! I sent you a link in Private Message. Please use the link to upload the problematic template file for further investigation.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Best regards,
MInh
User avatar
By mnguyen
#320948
Hello,

I will share the result from our developers' investigation here in case someone might experience a similar situation:

The developers found that the Xrefs not being detached has something to do with the layer visibility. If we make all layers visible, we can successfully detach all the Xrefs. So this can be a workaround for now. Unfortunately, we don't know what caused this issue in the first place.

I hope that it will be helpful if you are having a similar situation!

Best regards,
Minh
User avatar
By Nathan D.
#320966
mnguyen wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:38 am Hello,

I will share the result from our developers' investigation here in case someone might experience a similar situation:

The developers found that the Xrefs not being detached has something to do with the layer visibility. If we make all layers visible, we can successfully detach all the Xrefs. So this can be a workaround for now. Unfortunately, we don't know what caused this issue in the first place.

I hope that it will be helpful if you are having a similar situation!

Best regards,
Minh
Great to know Minh. I turned all of my layers on, and was able to successfully detach my XREFs! Thanks for your help.