The Global Archicad Community

Stay informed. Get help. Share your knowledge.

Import/Export to other CAD/BIM formats (DWG/DXF, IFC, SketchUp, 3DS etc.), spreadsheets, databases etc.

Moderators: Karl Ottenstein, LaszloNagy, ejrolon, Barry Kelly, Gordana Radonic, nbalogh, mnguyen, gkmethy

Hopes raised when I saw this article:

https://graphisoft.com/us/the-powerful- ... connection

More specifically: "recently GRAPHISOFT has released the add-on for the 64-bit Windows and Mac versions!"

...but where is this unicorn add-on?

Can't locate it either on Graphisoft's website or through general searching on Google...

Can anyone point us in the right direction?

Wishing all of us a healthy & happy 2021
It is unfortunate that the article you linked to does not have a date on it. But, you'll notice that it refers to ARCHICAD 15... 9 versions ago, when the Google Earth connection did indeed work. I don't know about the current add-on...
Indeed Karl, you are right: For some bizarre reason I thought it was a recent article.

If anyone can point to a method for getting a 3D terrain from Google earth into ArchiCAD on a Mac that does not involve passing through other paid software please let me know - I’d be most grateful !

Edit: Or software that is not overly costly, or involves a significant learning curve...