The Global Archicad Community

Stay informed. Get help. Share your knowledge.

Import/Export to other CAD/BIM formats (DWG/DXF, IFC, SketchUp, 3DS etc.), spreadsheets, databases etc.

Moderators: Karl Ottenstein, LaszloNagy, ejrolon, Barry Kelly, Gordana Radonic, nbalogh, mnguyen, gkmethy

By naomihansen
Hi,

I have some old files I need to convert. I found the AC10 Converter, and downloaded it, but it won't run. All the discussions here are from 2017 or older, so I'm assuming this is a problem with newer operating systems and 32-bit compatibility. Does anybody know how I could do this? The files are .pln from 2006.

Thanks!
Naomi
By Aaron Bourgoin
If you have an SSA contract with Graphisoft, you can send the files to them for conversion.
By naomihansen
Interesting... I'll look into that.

Thanks!
Naomi
By Karl Ottenstein
Aaron Bourgoin wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 12:35 am If you have an SSA contract with Graphisoft, you can send the files to them for conversion.
If you don't have an SSA contract, you would have to run the converter on a pretty old Mac (needs QuickTime and other 32 bit stuff). In my case I installed it in a 64 bit Windows 10 virtual machine (on my Mac) and it runs fine there should I need it. If you have access to any kind of Windows computer, that might be an easy option.
By naomihansen
OK, good to know. I'm not even sure what kind of contract we have with Graphisoft, so am looking into that. If not, the PC conversion sounds like a good way to go.

Thanks!
Naomi