The Global ARCHICAD Community

Stay informed. Get help. Share your knowledge.

Speed/Display issues/unfamiliar error messages, crashes/hangs or any other problems regarding ARCHICAD (Example: I get an error message when the 3D Window is generated, please help!).
Note: If your problem seems to be an ARCHICAD error please always report it to your local reseller!

Moderators: Karl Ottenstein, LaszloNagy, ejrolon, Barry Kelly, gkmethy

I have the same issue and this is actually a very painful work around, however, I have an alternate solution.
My setup is a large hi res monitor as my main and a secondary monitor for e-mail, browsing, etc.
The main is set to 125% so I can actually see the icons while the second monitor is at 100%.
So I simply move the AC window over to the second monitor and run the sun study and it works. Still annoying but better than changing display settings IMO.
Yes, it indeed looks like this is caused by the scaling of the OS: if it is anything but 100%, the result will be completely black. The workaround is actually pretty simple:
Right before you would export the MP4, you change the scaling to 100%, do the export, and then you can change it right back to 150%. The video should be fine in this case (I tested it on several machines). We will try to fix it in an update as soon as we can.

Thanks Daniel - Scaling of monitor was the culprit. Changed the scaling to 100% and the sun study saved out fine. Thanks for posting
scom570 wrote:
Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:54 pm
I have the same issue and this is actually a very painful work around, however, I have an alternate solution.
My setup is a large hi res monitor as my main and a secondary monitor for e-mail, browsing, etc.
The main is set to 125% so I can actually see the icons while the second monitor is at 100%.
So I simply move the AC window over to the second monitor and run the sun study and it works. Still annoying but better than changing display settings IMO.
Cracking Idea! Cheers
Did this ever get sorted? This is the first time that I've tried to do Sun Studies on AC22 and the MP4 is all black. I did see that it was going to get sorted, but it obviously hasn't. Any suggestions? What is the 100% that was mentioned? The screen percentage?

thanks for any help.
Geblues wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:04 am
Did this ever get sorted? This is the first time that I've tried to do Sun Studies on AC22 and the MP4 is all black. I did see that it was going to get sorted, but it obviously hasn't. Any suggestions? What is the 100% that was mentioned? The screen percentage?

thanks for any help.
The '100%' in this case refers to Windows 10 desktop display scaling
Hello Everyone,

Just want to let you know, that we plan to release a fix for this in the next update of AC22 (build 70xx). You will find it in the release note as fix #250854.

Until then the scaling solution seems to be the best option still.

Regards,
Did this ever get sorted? I don't want to have to change the screen resolution from 125% to 100% just to do a sun study. My main computer is still Windows 7. I don't know how I could change my second monitor to 100% as suggested earlier.

There was mention in April about a fix... It is now Sept, did the fix actually happen? Or am I one of the few that it actually affects? :roll:
Geblues wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:26 am
Did this ever get sorted? I don't want to have to change the screen resolution from 125% to 100% just to do a sun study. My main computer is still Windows 7. I don't know how I could change my second monitor to 100% as suggested earlier.

There was mention in April about a fix... It is now Sept, did the fix actually happen? Or am I one of the few that it actually affects? :roll:
Not fixed in my testing.
Here in NZ we are still on patch 6.xxx, and the roadmap for a fix noted above was for not until 7.xxx.

Suspect it may be not be fixed in time to beat the changeover to AC23