The Global ARCHICAD Community

Stay informed. Get help. Share your knowledge.

Speed/Display issues/unfamiliar error messages, crashes/hangs or any other problems regarding ARCHICAD (Example: I get an error message when the 3D Window is generated, please help!).
Note: If your problem seems to be an ARCHICAD error please always report it to your local reseller!

Moderators: Karl Ottenstein, LaszloNagy, ejrolon, Barry Kelly, gkmethy

By Noudlakh
I don't think there is another app that is asking to get permission. I always shut down my computer when I am not using it, I did also do a restart just now. the same issue is persisting.
  • At the "Files & Folders" the + - (to add remove) are greyed out even after I enter my password
      At the "Full Disk Access" I can hit the plus but when I navigate to select Archicad, it is Greyed out and cannot be selected. I tried to get it from the application folder and desktop. It did not work
    By ejrolon
    Only option I can think of now is to create a New User and see if it works in that one if not uninstall AC (erasing the folder in Applications) and reinstalling to see if it resets. If this does not work I am at a complete loss since I have mine running without issues in a couple of MBPs.
    FYI
    https://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/knowl ... 95318/#How
    By Noudlakh
    Gian.Mala wrote:
    Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:33 am
    I've exactly the same problem. On Catalina 10.15 everything works fine... on 10.15.1 it doesn't. Pressing the + in "Full Disk Access" and "Files and Folders" opens the finder window but all the applications are greyed out. I simply drag and drop them in the preference window and they work... except for archicad.
    Gian, i think i figured it out. The greyed out items, move them a little bit then it allows you to do it! it worked for me, let me know if it works for you.
    By Ghaleb Khadra
    Noudlakh wrote:
    Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:48 am
    Gian.Mala wrote:
    Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:33 am
    I've exactly the same problem. On Catalina 10.15 everything works fine... on 10.15.1 it doesn't. Pressing the + in "Full Disk Access" and "Files and Folders" opens the finder window but all the applications are greyed out. I simply drag and drop them in the preference window and they work... except for archicad.
    Gian, i think i figured it out. The greyed out items, move them a little bit then it allows you to do it! it worked for me, let me know if it works for you.
    Thank you for sharing your solution with the others. I'm sure people will find it useful!

If what you are saying is applicable at all times, this means the issue is not from ARCHICAD's side. Nonetheless, everything so far is pointing towards access restrictions and permissions.

Thank you once more!

Kind regards,
    Ghaleb