The Global Archicad Community

Stay informed. Get help. Share your knowledge.

Speed/Display issues/unfamiliar error messages, crashes/hangs or any other problems regarding Archicad (Example: I get an error message when the 3D Window is generated, please help!).
Note: If your problem seems to be an Archicad error please always report it to your local reseller!

Moderators: ejrolon, Barry Kelly, Karl Ottenstein, LaszloNagy, Gordana Radonic, nbalogh, gkmethy, mnguyen

I'm hoping it's not just me who has had this issue and that someone has found a fix.

When I upgraded to AC24 from AC23 I noticed that it seemed to take a really long time for the orange grip to show up when I hovered my mouse over the guideline to move it. Sometimes it won't even show up if the guideline is on top of a reference line for a wall or something. When I open an old file in AC23 I don't have this problem.

I've been working around it for a few months but it is quite annoying and I'm hoping there is just a setting in work environment or something that I need to change. I just haven't found the solution yet.

Anyone else have this issue?
To improve response performance, you may also disable the ‘Auto-rebuild model viewpoints continuously’ feature (in WE settings) while keeping the latent Background Updating feature active. I found this provides better responses on a large model.
Karl Ottenstein wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 6:15 pm Marc and Richard - Brad posted that updating video/graphics drivers as suggested by Podolsky resolved his issue. :-)
Karl, thank you for pointing this out. I just posted another possibility in the event that the OP later discovered that the problem was not actually solved. :wink: