The Global Archicad Community

Stay informed. Get help. Share your knowledge.

Speed/Display issues/unfamiliar error messages, crashes/hangs or any other problems regarding Archicad (Example: I get an error message when the 3D Window is generated, please help!).
Note: If your problem seems to be an Archicad error please always report it to your local reseller!

Moderators: ejrolon, Barry Kelly, Karl Ottenstein, LaszloNagy, gkmethy

By Fez1974
Build Green...thank you for the solution...this has just happened to me and I started to panic.
I recently had the same issue with Archicad 21. No perspective or sections or elevations.It turns out an array of rafters to a circular turret was the cause. Delete them and it was fine. Put even 1 in and it did not show. Even a roof wizard roof caused the problem. Do not know why
cudacurl wrote:
Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:16 pm
I recently had the same issue with Archicad 21. No perspective or sections or elevations.It turns out an array of rafters to a circular turret was the cause. Delete them and it was fine. Put even 1 in and it did not show. Even a roof wizard roof caused the problem. Do not know why
I find that this happens when a roof node ends up way off (infinity) the model. This can occur when the angle of a roof join is incorrectly trimmed.

To see if this is the problem, zoom extents without any tool selected and perform "select all" [CTRL][ A]. All items will be selected. If the model is not visible but a node is selected far from the rest then you have the problem solved. Isolate the errant node, select it using marquis or pointer selection and [delete].
I had this happen spontaneously in my project too, using ArchiCAD 22.

The solution for me was to go to:

View>Elements in 3D View>Filter and Cut Elements in 3D, (the shortcut is Ctrl+Alt+A), then change my settings to "Infinite" from "Limited".

I have never played with these settings before so I have NO idea how my view settings suddenly changed overnight. This was extremely frustrating.