The Global Archicad Community

Stay informed. Get help. Share your knowledge.

Speed/Display issues/unfamiliar error messages, crashes/hangs or any other problems regarding Archicad (Example: I get an error message when the 3D Window is generated, please help!).
Note: If your problem seems to be an Archicad error please always report it to your local reseller!

Moderators: ejrolon, Barry Kelly, Karl Ottenstein, LaszloNagy, gkmethy

Miha,

try to exclude your GRAPHISOFT folder from the ones that NIS scans. With that you should be able to continue to work.

I provided Norton with our latest patch and general installer, but I got back an automatic email that non of these are affected. So please try to upload the files from your computer so that they can analyze those and fine tune their engine.

Marton
...try to exclude your GRAPHISOFT folder from the ones that NIS scans. With that you should be able to continue to work.
I did.
So please try to upload the files from your computer so that they can analyze those and fine tune their engine.
Sorry, but I don't want to spend any more time on this. It's all the files which have been updated, and I would have to do it by the "one by one" Norton policy.
I should probably start a new post, since I have the same NIS problems with Archicad 18. Norton keeps deleting files as they have low trust factor. I have a new solution approach - after the update, after running Archicad, NIS goes into action and reminds me that I have to restart the computer for virus removal. I don't do it, wait until I finish office hours and turn off the computer. The next day some files are missing (Archicad opengl for example), or Archicad doesn't start at all. So I have to visit the NIS Quarantine and re-enable those files and exclude them from future virus checks.

This works, but it's a pain in my behind that i have to bother with it. Please, Graphisoft, could you somehow manage that updated files get whitelisted with Norton? It's strange though that I seem to be the only one having this problems. Is nobody else using Archicad & NIS on one computer or am i the only one that has this strange fake virus detections?
Miha_M,

I re-scanned this thread quickly and may have missed it.... had you changed any of the default NIS settings? For example, 'SONAR' Advanced Mode can be set to "Aggressive", but is "Automatic" by default. Same with Boot Time Protection, Heuristic Protection and perhaps other settings... It could be that the "Aggresive" setting is the issue and the reason others have not been reporting this?

If that isn't the issue, under Exclusions / Low Risk you can configure "Items to Exclude from Scans" and can add your ArchiCAD folder there. There is an option to add Folders or Files. You said you did that, but then the files that you are saying are getting quarantined must be coming from somewhere else? Have you searched to find them? Maybe they are system DLL's or WIBU files from another folder that need to also be excluded from the scan?

I suppose the risk here is an evil worm that infects your exe and dll files and you've not said to ignore this folder... but frankly, I've never known anyone who practices safe surfing to get such a thing.

(I'm looking at the N360 screens which are slightly different from NIS.)

Karl
Hi Karl,

I was browsing my previous posts and found your reply, which I have missed then.
At that time, as now and before, I have never altered any special NIS settings, as the defaults have been doing a good job. I was very much in distress because of that situation, maybe that's why I have missed your reply.

The solution to this problem I found was not to install every Archicad update as soon as I got reminded that one exist by Archicad. As I open Archicad each and every working day I was, back then, probably a very fast updater, as I downloaded and installed that update immediately. Now I ignore this reminder for some days and I never had such a problem again despite still beeing a NIS user. Maybe also Norton changed their false positive heuristic somehow.