The Global ARCHICAD Community

Stay informed. Get help. Share your knowledge.

Speed/Display issues/unfamiliar error messages, crashes/hangs or any other problems regarding ARCHICAD (Example: I get an error message when the 3D Window is generated, please help!).
Note: If your problem seems to be an ARCHICAD error please always report it to your local reseller!

Moderators: Karl Ottenstein, LaszloNagy, ejrolon, Barry Kelly, gkmethy

Sorry, but something is not logical here.
I also have the same problem.
If the printer works with both ArchiCad 20, Excel, Word etc., but does not work with ArchiCad 21, then how can you blame Windows 10 or the drivers ?????
AndrisL wrote:Sorry, but something is not logical here.
I also have the same problem.
If the printer works with both ArchiCad 20, Excel, Word etc., but does not work with ArchiCad 21, then how can you blame Windows 10 or the drivers ?????
As mentioned in the link Daniel posted, Archicad 21 is now Windows 10 compatible so uses the Windows 10 drivers which your printer does not like.
Your other programs are probably Windows 7 compatible (but they will still work on Windows 10 although not certified for it) and use the Windows 7 drivers which your printer does like.

Barry.
Could someone explain why this is a 'show stopper'? I thought that Adobe Reader / etc can still print PDF files to the Designjet 500 as stated in the Help Center article. If so, what's wrong with just saving PDF from ARCHICAD and printing in another app? Extra step, yeah, but at least this ancient (by tech standards) large format printer can still be used?
I agree with Karl - print to PDF.

I never print directly to a printer.
I always save (Publish) a PDF.
That way I don't have to start Archicad and load a file if I need a print, and anyone else that does not have an Archicad license can print as well without bothering me.

Barry.