The Global ARCHICAD Community

Stay informed. Get help. Share your knowledge.

Speed/Display issues/unfamiliar error messages, crashes/hangs or any other problems regarding ARCHICAD (Example: I get an error message when the 3D Window is generated, please help!).
Note: If your problem seems to be an ARCHICAD error please always report it to your local reseller!

Moderators: Karl Ottenstein, LaszloNagy, ejrolon, Barry Kelly, gkmethy

By Hence
Hello,
We are experiencing a strange error in our office. We randomly loose the ability to pan zoom and click in Archicad windows. The computer isn't frozen, the cursor will move, but none of the buttons work in archicad...
The only way to get the model to respond is to restart Archicad. It is a bit annoying on deadline day to have to close out of your project and restart archicad, just so you can pan across a view. :?

Is anyone else seeing this error or have a fix?

Thank you, and Happy Thanksgiving to fellow Americans :D

Mac OS X 10.13, AC 22.4023
Something you can try is:
1. Making sure that you have the latest ARCHICAD update installed.
2. Making sure that you have the latest graphics card driver installed.
I have seen such manifestations being caused by graphics drivers.
Jason UK wrote:
Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:16 pm
I and others in my team sometimes have this problem in AC21 on a Mac.

I have found that if you click on the desktop, and then the archicad top window bar it usually comes back to life.
I've got that issue after editing an object (in gdl editor) when I go back to the project. I have to switch to another app and then back to archicad to unfreeze it.
I am having this problem as well. ArchiCAD responds to me clicking menu commands (but it doesn't do anything after I select a menu option.) Additionally I can click between layouts in the layout book (but I can't zoom in or select anything on the layouts.) Keyboard shortcuts like {command} + A for select all works, but the mouse will not select anything and I cannot zoom or pan.

Everything else on my computer is running fine.

I've already restarted my ArchiCAD once (about 20 minutes ago) and the problem is back again. :( While writing this I have restarted AC22 again, and the problem remains. (I'll restart my computer after I click post here.) I suspect the problem occurs when switching between ArchiCAD and another program?

Our firm is just migrating to AC22, we are noticing this on multiple projects. Our firm is on AC22 build 5009. We all have Macs here, mine is on 10.13.6, another affected computer is on 10.12.6.

Please help! Thanks! :)
Jason UK wrote:
Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:16 pm
I and others in my team sometimes have this problem in AC21 on a Mac.

I have found that if you click on the desktop, and then the archicad top window bar it usually comes back to life.
This did not resurrect my AC22 :(
prot158 wrote:
Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:59 pm
I've got that issue after editing an object (in gdl editor) when I go back to the project. I have to switch to another app and then back to archicad to unfreeze it.
Unfortunately this did not work either.