The Global ARCHICAD Community

Stay informed. Get help. Share your knowledge.

Speed/Display issues/unfamiliar error messages, crashes/hangs or any other problems regarding ARCHICAD (Example: I get an error message when the 3D Window is generated, please help!).
Note: If your problem seems to be an ARCHICAD error please always report it to your local reseller!

Moderators: Barry Kelly, Karl Ottenstein, LaszloNagy, ejrolon, gkmethy

By aen27_
Hi, I am having problems with my 3D view.

When I first clicked on the 3D tab, my 3D view is pretty dark although I can still see the blue lines in the model. When I click on the right button, scroll or drag the model around then I can see the 3D view normally. I had set the sunlight settings to sunlight: 50; contribution to ambient: 30 and ambient light: 40 but the results were still the same: a dark screen.

I had also uninstall and re-install Archicad and the results are still the same.
Attachments
Untitled.png
By dkovacs
Hi,

I could reach the same result, by changing the 3D style settings to black model over black background (see attached). It is a long shot (since you say everything is fine when you rotate) but it is worth checking. go and change settings in 3D styles, and see if any of them make a difference (maybe changing the engine from OpenGL to vectorial).

If that is not it, then please check the following for me, so that we can narrow this down:
  • Do you see that even in brand new files created from the ARCHICAD 22 template, or only in a specific project?
  • Do you see the same on other computers?
  • If you go to Options>Work Environment>Advanced Redraw options, do you see a warning message with a yellow triangle?
  • If you change the 3D engine to vectorial, does it appear normally (or at least visible)?
  • If the above doesn't really help, could you make a quick screen recording video for me, showing how it looks when you rotate/right-click/etc.?
Thanks,
Attachments
Screenshot 2019-01-07 at 14.03.11.png
Last edited by dkovacs on Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By aen27_
My 3D style setting is default, not black model over black background. But when I changed the engine from OpenGL to Vectorial, it worked! I can see my screen in 3D again although it doesn't seem to be the same as OpenGL. Thank you so much! :D

Although, what is the difference between OpenGL and Vectorial?

-Its the same for all ARCHICAD22 files
-Not the same on other computers as it works on my laptop
-There are no warning massages with a yellow triangle

ps i cant seem to attach the video :|
Attachments
Untitled.png
Untitled2.png
By sboydturner
Looks like a graphics driver issue to me, what are your computer specifications/ OS etc? You should add this to your signature

Regards
Scott