The Global Archicad Community

Stay informed. Get help. Share your knowledge.

Speed/Display issues/unfamiliar error messages, crashes/hangs or any other problems regarding Archicad (Example: I get an error message when the 3D Window is generated, please help!).
Note: If your problem seems to be an Archicad error please always report it to your local reseller!

Moderators: ejrolon, Barry Kelly, Karl Ottenstein, LaszloNagy, gkmethy

As I was browsing a .pln saved as from a .pla created somewhere else on a Mac OS 10.14 Mojave I got a pop-up 'Archicad 22 would like to access your photos'. I declined in panic and forgot to screenshot, but I am fairly sure that was the wording.

What is that?
I did not modify the file, which came from elsewhere, other than saving from bimserver to pla to pln.

The wording I remember is 'your photos', not such and such folder, and not 'your Photos [the application, that is] folder' (I might be wrong, but I am convinced).

On Drawing Manager there are a lot of images and PDFs with paths to Desktop and Downloads folders from several local users, but of course I am not any of those local users.
It seems to be a "bug" between Mojave & AC22. I get it randomly typically after a cold boot and I assume there is no need for the photo access so I just select the decline option. When AC22 was first released I think it even asked to access the microphone. I doubt it is malicious.
I've had it ask for access to my contacts as well.
I'm on Mojave too.
Hi,

As you said, there is a known compatibility issue between macOS 10.14 and ARCHICAD, that was fixed in AC22 40xx (and AC21 70xx):
https://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/knowledgebase/85297/

I think this must be caused by the same thing. If you install the latest update, you should not receive this prompt anymore.

Regards,