The Global ARCHICAD Community

Stay informed. Get help. Share your knowledge.

Speed/Display issues/unfamiliar error messages, crashes/hangs or any other problems regarding ARCHICAD (Example: I get an error message when the 3D Window is generated, please help!).
Note: If your problem seems to be an ARCHICAD error please always report it to your local reseller!

Moderators: ejrolon, Barry Kelly, Karl Ottenstein, LaszloNagy, gkmethy

By Tincan561
I have major problems with Archicad whenever I attempt to use my iPad as a second display with Apple Sidecar. Archicad is unable to open any floor plan, all favorites and object thumbnails are solid black, and Archicad continues to crash.

Is this a problem others have, and is there a solution?
Hello Tincan561,

I do not use Catalina to be able to have Apple sidecar but I use XDisplay which i very easy to use and free :
https://www.splashtop.com/wiredxdisplay

I plug an iPad Pro 13" with my macbook pro early 2011 15"
By mnguyen
Hi,

Thank you for sharing the issue and I'm sorry about the experience!

Sidecar feature has been released along with macOS Catalina/iOS 13, and the idea of using iPad as a second screen on the go would be extremely useful. On paper, it looks like macOS will "extend" its screen to the iPad, but due to the difference in how these two OS work and the limitation of iPad's computing power, I'm not sure about the compatibility with ARCHICAD. I will ask our Technical Support team to have a look at this issue. As soon as we have a conclusion I will reach out to you again!

Thank you very much!

Best regards,
Minh
By mnguyen
Hi again,

Unfortunately, we couldn't reproduce the problem in-house. I'm wondering when ARCHICAD crashes on iPad screen, do you have a Bug Reporter dialog appear? Could you let it finish then send the Bug ID to me for further investigation?

Here is how the Bug Reporter works: https://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/knowledgebase/64553/

Thank you very much! Looking forward to hearing from you!

Best regards,
Minh