The Global Archicad Community

Stay informed. Get help. Share your knowledge.

Speed/Display issues/unfamiliar error messages, crashes/hangs or any other problems regarding Archicad (Example: I get an error message when the 3D Window is generated, please help!).
Note: If your problem seems to be an Archicad error please always report it to your local reseller!

Moderators: ejrolon, Barry Kelly, Karl Ottenstein, LaszloNagy, gkmethy

By christurley
Hey All - I am really stuck. Was working on a home renovation. Starting making a complex profile for a wall base. When I finished I went to my first floor and hit zoom all and got a blank screen. The zoom is 0.00000% and no matter what I manually type or select in there it goes back to zero. If I go to another floor zoom all still works fine. First floor - nothing. The data is there - if I go to second floor and do the zoom all and then move down one level everything can be seen. AS soon as I hit zoom all - blank screen and zer0 per cent zoom. Cannot for the life of me figure this one out. HELP!.
By christurley
SOLVED IT - for future reference if someone has the same problem: I had created a complex profile with no fill. There was something about it the freaked out Archicad. Just restored the database from a backup and went through it and was able to recreate the error and then the solution.
By LaszloNagy
Thanks for reporting this issue and its fix.
I will report it to GRAPHISOFT so they can fix the underlying cause in the code.
By mnguyen
Hi Chris,

Thank you for sharing the issue!

At first, the complex profile shouldn't be empty, or else you won't be able to save it (for some reason, a profile can be empty if you close the Profile Manager right after it is created). I came across many cases where somehow the profile does not include any fill, or the fill was corrupted, which leads to a symptom similar to a far from origin project. In those cases, I can only delete elements one by one, in order to pinpoint what is exactly causing it. It takes a lot of time, but this is the only way to solve it!

This is a limitation of within the code, I believe. I am very sorry about the inconvenience, but I'm glad that the problem is solved for you!

I wish you a great week ahead!

Best regards,
Minh