The Global Archicad Community

Stay informed. Get help. Share your knowledge.

Speed/Display issues/unfamiliar error messages, crashes/hangs or any other problems regarding Archicad (Example: I get an error message when the 3D Window is generated, please help!).
Note: If your problem seems to be an Archicad error please always report it to your local reseller!

Moderators: Karl Ottenstein, LaszloNagy, ejrolon, Barry Kelly, gkmethy

By DavorP
Hi all,

I was just wondering if there is a way to backup ArchiCAD temp files in case user quits without saving? I know it is explicitly users' fault if they choose not to save but it would be good to keep the copy at least for short time after no save was opted.

This does not happen often but once in a while it does, and I did notice it usually does when users have many ArchiCAD instances running at the same time so it is easier to make mistake of closing without saving of the wrong one.

Good and reliable 3rd part backup app perhaps?

I have tried some undelete apps but not with much success.
By schagemann
Can you please add more detail to your signature - namely which platform you use... Apple or PC?

However, I would arguably not go that far in micro managing users, it really is not asking too much to remember to either Send and Receive or hit the CMD + S buttons every now and then.

2 more points:

• for ultimate data safety you would need to run this backup routine so frequently, that it will most likely impact the overall performance of your Mac;
- you presumably are aware of the Data Safety settings in the Work Environment? We find that ultra safe already impacts on performance, particularly with large project files;