The Global Archicad Community

Stay informed. Get help. Share your knowledge.

Speed/Display issues/unfamiliar error messages, crashes/hangs or any other problems regarding Archicad (Example: I get an error message when the 3D Window is generated, please help!).
Note: If your problem seems to be an Archicad error please always report it to your local reseller!

Moderators: ejrolon, Barry Kelly, Karl Ottenstein, LaszloNagy, gkmethy

2020-08-18_21-55-21.jpg
Hi Steve,

Thank you for sharing the issue and I am very sorry about the experience!

As far as I understand, this does not look like a bug to me. Two point perspective is a type of linear perspective (a method using lines to create the illusion of space on a 2D surface). Two point perspective uses two points placed on the horizon line.

In this case, since you positioned the camera to look from above (almost as if it was 1-point perspective), the line used for placing 2 points was placed at a very far distance, therefore, the model was "flatten".

I hope my explanation is clear enough. If you have any further questions, feel free to ask me again!

Best regards,
Minh
Fine. Not a bug. Just a level of distortion I have never seen before.
Steve Jepson wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:06 pm
What did you expect to happen? I'm not even sure, what else should happen here.
The 2-point perspective was always just for minor corrections when dealing with "normal" views (like a human would).

Might be an axo suited for this task?
runxel wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:45 pm
Steve Jepson wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:06 pm
What did you expect to happen? I'm not even sure, what else should happen here.
The 2-point perspective was always just for minor corrections when dealing with "normal" views (like a human would).

Might be an axo suited for this task?
I just expected far less distortion - more like this