The Global Archicad Community

Stay informed. Get help. Share your knowledge.

Speed/Display issues/unfamiliar error messages, crashes/hangs or any other problems regarding Archicad (Example: I get an error message when the 3D Window is generated, please help!).
Note: If your problem seems to be an Archicad error please always report it to your local reseller!

Moderators: Karl Ottenstein, LaszloNagy, ejrolon, Barry Kelly, Gordana Radonic, nbalogh, mnguyen, gkmethy

By Yvonne
Anyone ever come across the issue where dimensions disappear?
It seems to be happening to one of our projects and the glitch seems to be when the dimensions are associated with columns.
You don't say which version of AC you have but from past experience I have recovered dimensions which have rearranged themselves by selecting all dimensions, open the Dialog box, don't change anything and click OK. If you are lucky everything will revert to where it should be.

If it is just columns and you are using a complex profile has it possibly been changed which could have impacted the dimension association points taken from the profile e.g. deleted hotspots?
Our firm just switched over to v24 and we are all having this issue with dimensions disappearing from all sorts of drawings: plans, elevations, etc. In some instances the dimension is snapping it witness line somewhere off into space and other times the dimension itself has completely disappeared. When I add a new dimension string, the old string that had disappeared then returns.

MAJOR EFFING PROBLEM, GRAPHISOFT.
By mnguyen
Syi Tong wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 2:18 pm Our firm just switched over to v24 and we are all having this issue with dimensions disappearing from all sorts of drawings: plans, elevations, etc. In some instances the dimension is snapping it witness line somewhere off into space and other times the dimension itself has completely disappeared. When I add a new dimension string, the old string that had disappeared then returns.

MAJOR EFFING PROBLEM, GRAPHISOFT.
Hello,

Thank you very much for raising the issue and I am very sorry for the experience!

I'm wondering if this is something happens with a specific file or with all your files? I believe it happens right after migrating the file to Archicad 24, is that correct? As runxel mentioned above, I would like to know whether you have the latest build installed for Archicad 24 yet?

Furthermore, I would love to have a closer look at the file before and after migration, hopefully we will be able to reproduce the issue from scratch. Would it be possible for you to share the file with us, and (probably) a way to reproduce this issue?

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Best regards,
Minh