The Global Archicad Community

Stay informed. Get help. Share your knowledge.

Speed/Display issues/unfamiliar error messages, crashes/hangs or any other problems regarding Archicad (Example: I get an error message when the 3D Window is generated, please help!).
Note: If your problem seems to be an Archicad error please always report it to your local reseller!

Moderators: Karl Ottenstein, LaszloNagy, ejrolon, Barry Kelly, Gordana Radonic, nbalogh, mnguyen, gkmethy

By giuseppe
Hi! how I can make my spell checker back to work? for some reason in teamwork doesn't work.
Thank you for any suggestions
By LaszloNagy
Can you provide a bit more info? Possibly a screenshot of where is this happening?
Where does spell checking does not work in TW, which works in a Solo project?

It is indeed a curious issue because whether you are in Teamwork or Solo project should have nothing to do with this.
By mnguyen
Hi Giuseppe,

Thank you very much for the question!

On Windows, Spell Checker uses Microsoft Word’s Spelling Check, which means that you must have Microsoft Word installed on your computer together with the dictionary of the language you are using. On macOS, Spell Checker uses macOS system preferences.

You can find more information about the Spell Checker here.

As Laszlo mentioned, the Spell Checker functionality does not depend on whether the project is a solo or a teamwork project. But let me know if the article above helps to solve your issue!

Best regards,
Minh
By giuseppe
Sorry for the delay, but his what happens. There are 3 screenshots. Thanks for your help.
Attachments
Screenshot 2021-03-31 one .jpg
Screenshot 2021-03-31 one .jpg (169.29 KiB) Viewed 115 times
Screenshot 2021-03-31 two .jpg
Screenshot 2021-03-31 two .jpg (65.45 KiB) Viewed 115 times
Screenshot 2021-03-31 three .jpg
Screenshot 2021-03-31 three .jpg (155.17 KiB) Viewed 115 times
By LaszloNagy
If you click the Preference button, what are the settings? Can you show a screenshot?

Also, it talks about "editable elements". Maybe you have to reserve the elements you want to perform Spell Check on since if it finds spelling errors it will have to be able to modify the element, and for that, the element must be reserved by you.