The Global ARCHICAD Community

Stay informed. Get help. Share your knowledge.

Discussions about any other product with no dedicated forum - MEP Modeler, ARCHICAD Goodies, 3rd-party Add-Ons, operating systems, products of other vendors, etc. (Example: Which Add-On is the best for creating special Stairs?)

Moderators: Barry Kelly, Karl Ottenstein, LaszloNagy, ejrolon, gkmethy

By famadorian
Most times I click "start routing" and then click inside the pipe and nothing happens; except the button changes to "Start Routing" again, which indicates something went wrong.. and I don't understand what went wrong.

No matter how many times I try it, it just won't continue on an existing pipe. It works to create a new pipe if I click somewhere else, though.

The only workaround I can do is to insert a Transition with same diameter in both ends; then the MEP Routing will work.

I'm going nuts, cause I just don't understand why;) Is there some way to see why it's failing?
By gpowless
I have encountered that issue - mostly when I am adding to a sloped pipe. The fix seems to be to select the straight pipe tool and place a short section of pipe first and then I am able to continue using the routing tool.