The Global ARCHICAD Community

Stay informed. Get help. Share your knowledge.

Discussions about any other product with no dedicated forum - MEP Modeler, ARCHICAD Goodies, 3rd-party Add-Ons, operating systems, products of other vendors, etc. (Example: Which Add-On is the best for creating special Stairs?)

Moderators: Karl Ottenstein, LaszloNagy, ejrolon, Barry Kelly, gkmethy

By LaszloNagy
This is an ARCHICAD Forum. You need to ask you AutoCAD/Revit-related questions on Autodesk forums.
By Steve Jepson
Kevender wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 9:56 am
What do I need to start? We are looking at the Greenlee BendWorks software, which works with Autodesk Revit.

I'm capable of working my way through autocad, but I don't know quite where to start with this. it seems as though my first step would be discussing with the architect if they will share the drawing files? Is that right?

Can you point me in the right direction?

Thanks!
once you get the BendWorks model into Revit, you can save that as an IFC model. ArchiCAD can import 3d .dwg and some other 3d file formats that you can generate with Revit - including IFC.

However, the main reason for using the BendWorks add-on for Revit is for the sake of a lot more than just a 3d model. It also imports important CVS and .text files for use with fabrication. All of that will be lost by the time you get it from BendWorks into ArchiCAD. When they say BIM - they mean Revit. BendWorks is not going to be very useful in a Building Information Model assembled with ArchiCAD.
Last edited by Steve Jepson on Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Barry Kelly
Sorry guys, the original post was just there for a spam signature.
I did see this post when it was first made, thought it was a little odd but didn't notice the signature.
That is probably why Laszlo responded to it as well.
I am assuming the user went back later and added the signature.

Not matter, he is gone now.

Barry.