The Global ARCHICAD Community

Stay informed. Get help. Share your knowledge.

Discussions about any other product with no dedicated forum - MEP Modeler, ARCHICAD Goodies, 3rd-party Add-Ons, operating systems, products of other vendors, etc. (Example: Which Add-On is the best for creating special Stairs?)

Moderators: Karl Ottenstein, LaszloNagy, ejrolon, Barry Kelly, gkmethy

By BERSEKAEL
by no discussion, Vray is the top renderer... here is the thing, graphisoft claims to request Vray to Chaos Group and points this is the wrong place to ask for it, and Chaos Group said, Graphisoft has to request it, they have no plans for Vray for Archicad at the moment.

options:
Get archicad SOLO version, and render using:
1.Blender(is free)+Vray($350)... you still save $1500 from achicad Full version :idea:
2.Sketchup(fee to unlock all functions)+Vray($350 - year subscription or $60 month)

So yes, blender is better, but the learning curve is a bit of a pain...and Corona for Archicad is still in beta, and doesn't have the top functions Vray offers.
By Rex Maximilian
I tried installing and finding a way from ArchiCAD to VRay. I was having a difficult time even getting it installed on MacOS. I reached out to Chaos Group for assistance. Their reply very curt and dismissive. Sorry, no support for ArchiCAD... period. Anyway, putting my eggs in the Twinmotion basket for now. It's good enough for what I need, much more streamline and faster than Cinerender, and with support for Raytracing coming for ACv23, I'm hoping it's a keeper.