The Global ARCHICAD Community

Stay informed. Get help. Share your knowledge.

Discussions about any other product with no dedicated forum - MEP Modeler, ARCHICAD Goodies, 3rd-party Add-Ons, operating systems, products of other vendors, etc. (Example: Which Add-On is the best for creating special Stairs?)

Moderators: Karl Ottenstein, LaszloNagy, ejrolon, Barry Kelly, gkmethy

By mathome
...I want to use ArchiTerra on another computer with another dongle... I copied all the ArchiTerra structure from the plug-in folder in AC to the other computer but when I'm trying to connect to serialize the AT version is "locked" to my original dongle serial...
Please help me how to do this..
:)Mats
By Djordje
mathome wrote:...I want to use ArchiTerra on another computer with another dongle... I copied all the ArchiTerra structure from the plug-in folder in AC to the other computer but when I'm trying to connect to serialize the AT version is "locked" to my original dongle serial...
Please help me how to do this..
:)Mats
You have to get another ArchiTerra as its license is linked to a particular dongle. Or, just move the dongle to the computer where you want to use ArchiTerra.
By mathome
Thanks Djordje! You always have the answer. Cheeky thing though...I don't understand the need for that hard license protection. What if I have two computers myself...hmmm. I'll switch the dongles...
You have to get another ArchiTerra as its license is linked to a particular dongle. Or, just move the dongle to the computer where you want to use ArchiTerra.
By Djordje
mathome wrote:Cheeky thing though...I don't understand the need for that hard license protection.
If you made your income by making and selling it, you would.