The Global ARCHICAD Community

Stay informed. Get help. Share your knowledge.

Discussions about any other product with no dedicated forum - MEP Modeler, ARCHICAD Goodies, 3rd-party Add-Ons, operating systems, products of other vendors, etc. (Example: Which Add-On is the best for creating special Stairs?)

Moderators: Karl Ottenstein, LaszloNagy, ejrolon, Barry Kelly, gkmethy

This is proving rather frustrating.
I have the land/mesh and I have modeled the existing road at the front of the property. Then I successfully created a driveway approach with 6% grade from Edge of Traveled-Way to Property line (Local maximum) and a section with a 15% slope (the local maximum is 16%). This section had a width of 16-feet. Then I attempt to create another section of road (Driveway) that had width of 36-feet and a 10% slope leading to the front of my structure. Once modified in the Road Longitudinal Section and back at plan, the road object would not allow for the "excavation" or building of the road. (it was greyed-out).
I decided to start over with the driveway altogether. Once the Driveway was deleted, I could not get back to the original contours even after updating.
I decided to delete the land mesh and recreate the land/mesh. The contours remained after deleting the mesh???
How do you delete the roads and successfully get back to the original mesh.

BTW - are the measurements in the Road Longitudinal Section always in inches?