The Global ARCHICAD Community

Stay informed. Get help. Share your knowledge.

Discussions about any other product with no dedicated forum - MEP Modeler, ARCHICAD Goodies, 3rd-party Add-Ons, operating systems, products of other vendors, etc. (Example: Which Add-On is the best for creating special Stairs?)

Moderators: ejrolon, Barry Kelly, Karl Ottenstein, LaszloNagy, gkmethy

By SenecaDesignLLC
I use an x key jog and shuffle and a steelseries keyboard, both of which do what you are asking.
Im sure there are some standalone ones to though
By Lingwisyer
SenecaDesignLLC wrote:x key jog and shuffle

What does the wheel do? The 12 key seems a bit pricey given that you can get a more ergonomic Razer Orbweaver for two thirds the price or even a Razer Tartarus for one third.
I appreciate all the replies, but all these seem to be focused on hardware solutions. Some of these seem interesting, but I'm really looking for a software solution. I had one years ago until the company went out of business, and I can't remember the exact name anymore.
By SenecaDesignLLC
Lingwisyer wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:41 am
SenecaDesignLLC wrote:x key jog and shuffle

What does the wheel do? The 12 key seems a bit pricey given that you can get a more ergonomic Razer Orbweaver for two thirds the price or even a Razer Tartarus for one third.
I actually switched away from razer because of their software. And lack of keys. But mostly for the jog wheel. The xkeys is much simpler to use, i use it with a wacom drawing screen. I like it because it has all of my commands and a ten key so my drawing hand can just draw while my other hand executes commands or inputs numbers. I use the wheel for zooming and precision zooming.

While the razer products are cool they just dont have enough buttons for me plus now that i use my left hand to zoom i am much faster at navigation
By SenecaDesignLLC
Richard Morrison wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:27 pm
I appreciate all the replies, but all these seem to be focused on hardware solutions. Some of these seem interesting, but I'm really looking for a software solution. I had one years ago until the company went out of business, and I can't remember the exact name anymore.

Autohotkey looks promising