The Global ARCHICAD Community

Stay informed. Get help. Share your knowledge.

Tips and tricks, suggestions, problems. (regularly monitored by Administrators)

Moderators: Karl Ottenstein, LaszloNagy, ejrolon, Barry Kelly, gkmethy, GSHQfadmin, apolgar

By MrScott
All,

I am apparently doing something wrong in my attempts to search for a topic of interest. It seems no matter what I find I am unable to Jump to the topic of interest. When select the Jump to topic I get the following...

“No posts exist inside this topic for the selected time frame.”

Never have I experienced this sort of problem in other forums so I can only assume I am doing something wrong or have the wrong default settings for my searches. Would someone please share with me the technique or forum settings so I can use this forum.

Thanks
By LaszloNagy
Could you post screenshots of an example when this happens? Please show me what you search for and then the error message you receive. Thanks.
By MrScott
Laszlo,

I would gladly post some images but how! I need to insert a photo and not something stored at a url location.

Thanks
By LaszloNagy
MrScott,

See this screenshot, which shows how to attach images.
Attachments
AC-Talk-AddingAttachments.png
By MrScott
Could you post screenshots of an example when this happens? Please show me what you search for and then the error message you receive. Thanks.
Laszlo,
Sorry for the delay in responding. In my quest for guidance with specific items in Archicad, I need to be able to access the posts when finding one in my search. The following results happen virtually every time I find a subject of interest.

Search Steps:
Locate a forum of interest and enter a topic in the window "Search this forum". Let's try ELEVATION MARKERS and hit enter.

Results...
Step 1 (image) a post I like appears so I scroll down to see what else is here... :arrow:

Step 2 (image) Ah ha! I like this one so I hit "Jump to Post" :D

Step 3 (image) And the infamous "No Posts exist inside this topic for the selected time frame." :x

What am I doing wrong or what can I change in my forum settings to prevent this? If there are indeed no post inside the topic then why I finding the first one? I have never had so much trouble with forum than I have had with Archi-Talk. I have to believe this is a simple issue I am just not understanding. PLEASE HELP!

Another example - Click on the Header of the forum and next to Board Index click OTHER. Then Select ANY of the items in the list - Pick the first one that has 21 posts. The results....Same as IMAGE 3.

[censored]!
Thanks,
Attachments
Step 3.JPG
By Barry Kelly
I don't seem to be having any trouble searching and jumping to posts here.
But it could be the browser you are using - maybe try a different one.

I can not use Internet Explorer at all.
I use Mozilla Firefox with no problem, so I haven't needed to try any of the others.

Barry.
By MrScott
I don't seem to be having any trouble searching and jumping to posts here.
But it could be the browser you are using - maybe try a different one.

I can not use Internet Explorer at all.
I use Mozilla Firefox with no problem, so I haven't needed to try any of the others.

Barry.
I use Chrome and no other forum I frequent respond like this one. Unbelievable!
By LaszloNagy
I am not experiencing any of these problems either.
I tested it in Chrome, Firefox and Edge.
By MrScott
Thanks for the feedback. I wish I knew what could be causing this issue. Very odd that this is the only forum that is causing this issue.
By MrScott
Thanks for the feedback. I wish I knew what could be causing this issue. Very odd that this is the only forum that is causing this issue.
UPDATE!

Just tried the same thing in MS EDGE and had no issue so it is something in my CHROME SETTINGS. Will explore and be back. Thanks again all.