The Global ARCHICAD Community

Stay informed. Get help. Share your knowledge.

Modelling and drafting in ARCHICAD. (Example: How can I model a Roof soffit/fascia?)

Moderators: Karl Ottenstein, LaszloNagy, ejrolon, Barry Kelly, gkmethy

By Arcadia
I sometimes have to flip or mirror a house plan to get the garage on the other side or put correct orientation etc. I'm talking about a full model and construction drawing here of a 'stock' builders plan so everything is complete already. The mirror function works very well except for 2 things.

1) Any static dimensions do not mirror
2) Interior elevation markers do not mirror and have to be dragged back into place manually.

Is there any reason for this and any way of doing it?
Static dimensions will mirror so long as you select the entire dimension line.
Just selecting where the static nodes where chosen will not work.

Not sure why the internal elevation markers don't mirror - another reason not to use them I guess.
Similarly they will not rotate when other elements are selected at the same time.
But they will mirror (rotate) if you select them on their own.

Barry.
Arcadia wrote:So you don't use the interior markers?
They used to be a bit buggy.
Last time I checked (probably a couple of versions ago) they still had problems where they would show walls beyond their horizontal limit range in the case of island benches.
Maybe that has changed as it seems to be working fine now.
There were other reasons too that I can't think of now.

Here is a link to an old post that links to an even older post I think goes back to version 11 that had no horizontal limit.
Maybe early versions of 12 were like this as well because I never really used 11 but definitely had troubles with this tool.
It also seemed to be an intermitent problem depending on the model geometry.

Maybe it is time to revisit this tool.

Barry.
By Arcadia
They seem to work okay for me except this issue. What do you use instead exterior elevations?
The section tool actually.
That's because that was all we used to have back in the old days - worked fine then and still works fine now.

The elevation tool should work too.

Barry.
Interior Elevations will mirror along with everything else in AC22. I have just mirrored a bunch of them.
Need to manually mirror any 2D linework and reposition vertical dimensions though.

Ling.
Lingwisyer wrote:Interior Elevations will mirror along with everything else in AC22. I have just mirrored a bunch of them.
Need to manually mirror any 2D linework and reposition vertical dimensions though.

Ling.
Would you mind sharing your technique for mirroring interior elevations. Thank you.
Not sure if I did anything different then, but I am pretty sure I just selected all of the relevant objects, including markers, and just used the basic mirror function...
MaryHollis wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:48 pm
Would you mind sharing your technique for mirroring interior elevations. Thank you.

So long as you select the entire interior elevation along with you other elements, they will also mirror.

However if you have any 2D annotation (text, dimensions, line work) in those elevations, you may find that you have to mirror/move that annotation in each elevation separately.
This is because you are mirroring the entire model to a new position in relation to the project origin.
However the 2D annotation in the elevations/sections does not move.

Barry.